Blog Comments

Sure is Kev. Especially on a bike that's not trying to kill me or breaking or just too heavy to do anything with. My main problem now is digging up the money to ride the thing cos I put a fair bit into getting it ready!!
    Onya mate - It's good to get back on the track after a long break eh ?
    And then some LOL
    Mate I use ALL of the track haha
    Good to see you back out there,Even if you did try to kill me.....Twice in one corner LOL good luck with the new machine.
    You can get the same problem if the front end is too high under brakes as you do if it's too low. There has be lots of grip at the front, but if the front end is too high it starts to rotate the bike around the contact patch, lifting the back end.

It doesn't help that I'm not a lightweight and I sit very tall on the bike. Someone shorter wouldn't have the same problem.

I've talked to Robert Taylor and he reckons it's the air gap in the forks, ie the fluid level needs to be dropped a fraction.
    I never throw things at scenery. definitely a mechanical (fuel hose feel off)

As a note if your back end is coming up on you under brakes, either your front is too low or soft, or the rear is too high/rebound too fast. I had similar problems all weekend that i am much fatter than i was once and the spring rates have not been revised to reflect this sad fact of my life, so a fair amount of tail wagging was happening at times.
    Awesome stuff Shane.
    Thanks gorgeous!!
    Nice work, you lovely man you!
    Glad it's all coming together mate!
    Hey you! Awesome F3 bike! Can't wait to see you raping it... have you still got barbie?
    G
    That's awesome Shane. Make sure you let us know when you're coming down again for the tuning.
    I'l put a pill in your coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback
    Next time try one of my coffees!
    Do I need to take a Brave Pill beforehand??

Quote Originally Posted by scracha
    You fhag.....road trip, beer, dyno....and you didn't invite me to talk $hite all the way down
    Seven hours of you dribbling on and then drinking beer with Drew, followed by a meeting with Crasher. There's only so much I can take you know!!
    Whatever ya do DON"t take one of Pete's coffees. Otherwise awesome read and yep, the Welly MC's are always switched on and bloody good buggers. Looking forward to hearing how the rest goes.
    You fhag.....road trip, beer, dyno....and you didn't invite me to talk $hite all the way down
    An excellent example of how valuable a dyno in the right hands can be!
    Next time try one of my coffees!
    It sounds like you have a really well thought out approach to sorting this bike out, be good to see how you get on further down the track, good luck
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast