View RSS Feed

Project Bikes

Building your own

1. Paint and stickers ...

Made up the stickers for my bike.

Converting the Illustrator cymk file to a jpg then a gif really farks up the colours (greens and orange especially) but at least it looks mostly the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all-stickers.gif 
Views:	95 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	214866

She's been painted all white (actually white with a touch of yellow tint and black tint) by my uncle, an automotive painter up until he retired 3 months ago. It's a very nice job and my brother and I had a good weekend hanging out with ...
  2. Trini does Hampton Downs .... THIS time!! - part 2

I put a vid in the original thread, but here's another couple that I was asked to put up.

This first one is later in the same session as the other one. I ended up chasing Quasi's R1 and was getting ready to pass him when I found a false neutral going into turn #5. He pissed off and one of the bikes I'd passed early got back past me. This is just after that.

This second vid was from playing around mounting the camera ...
  3. Trini does Hampton Downs .... THIS time!!

Finally we had a good day.

I won't make this one a novel like usual cos I'm still wiped out and sore from yesterday (the party I went to when I got home from the track probably had something to do with that), but here's some stuff.

She's really sensitive to gearing. At the moment she's half a gear too high in turns 2 and 5 (although turn 5 is probably more me still trying to figure out how the hell to get around it) and she's up against the rev limiter right beside ...
  4. Finally!!!

The big day finally arrived!!

I woke up at 5:00am, probably cos I was excited that I was finally getting my bike to the track. I stayed in bed rather than getting up cos it's just wrong to be getting out of bed when it's still dark. Eventually my alarm went off, I turned it off and didn't move. It's bloody cold at 5:45am

Dragging my arse out of bed I climbed into some clothes, picked up the 4 necessaries (keys, wallet, phone and glasses) and headed out into the fricken ...
  5. I can't wait for Thursday ...

I'm really keen on the Redline Track day on Thursday. I took her out for a bit of a scoot again and I'm really starting to get excited after riding her a little.

The day started out a little late cos I couldn't be arsed getting out of bed. Probably had something to do with Nick, Brooke and Simon turning up on the doorstep at 10:30pm on Friday night with plenty of booze. I climbed into the Vodka while Brooke attacked the 2 bottles of red he bought for us (but I wasn't keen on it cos ...
  6. Hmmm, interesting ...

Well I took her out for her first outing this evening and it was very interesting.

The batteries haven't been holding their charge so I've had to constantly charge them. The best was showing 13.6v so I threw that in, bolted her up and cranked her over. She didn't start right away, which surprised me and made me a bit nervous, but after a couple of goes she fired and sounded very happy just burbling away at idle. I let her warm up while I climbed into my gear.

I hate ...
  7. The final burst ... again ...

Trini was sitting waiting for a part to turn up from the UK because the muppets had lost a spacer in the rear wheel but rode her anyway, stuffing the bearings and seals. So I shot in to see Kat at Hamilton Motorcycles and ordered that along with the front sprocket cover (muppets again). Two and a bit weeks later they turned up so I gave Brent a holler. I shot around and picked him up after we rounded up a few tools .

We shot around to where Trini lives and got into it. First ...
  8. The final burst ...

We knew that she's fires up and runs. Admittedly she was running pretty rough, but she was running. So it was time to start tidying up the fiddly bits and getting her ready to hit the track.

We headed around to Brents place after grabbing some things and turned up with beer and some yummy chocolate croissants from Bakers Delight. After knocking those off we headed out to the shed for the last burst before she goes to her permanent home.

It was a stinking hot, muggy ...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast