View RSS Feed

The Worlds only Triumph TT450 ...

Anything to do with Trini the Triumph TT450

1. So close ...

Sunday started off far too early. The wife went to church and I had to drive her. After that I couldn't sleep again so I got into some breakfast and sat down with to watch the Bruce Willis flick called Surrogates. Movie was ok, Rosamund Pike was better than ok. She really is a honey. A little quirky looking but that's part of her charm. Anyway, I was too busy setting up the cheap laptop I picked up to be too interested in the movie. It's a $100, you-didn't-get-it-from-me jobbie I didn't-get off ...
  2. Progress ...

So Thursday night I cruised around to Brent's place so that we could continue putting Trini back together.

I shot home from work, having bailed from the buildings Christmas bbq before I got snotted (it was hot and the beer was free and there's some cute chicks that work in this building). I just grabbed some long pants, socks etc because it'd get cold later on and I always end up being a smorgasboard for the local Mosquitos. Left there and shot around to pick up the oil that was waiting ...
  3. Reassembly is go!!!!

The parts arrived

I was expecting them to take 3 weeks but it only took 2 so I'm happy with that.

Took them around to Brent's place along with some gasket paper and I spent an evening cutting out gaskets and occasionally holding things while Brent started reassembling the engine. We only did a couple of hours work but we got the piston reattached to the crank and the clutch reassembled and put back in (very easy to fark that up).

I'm so glad that ...
  4. Parts are ordered

Ordered from Hamilton Motorcycles

2x Conrod Bolts - 5565115-001
    2x Conrod Nuts - 5565116-001
    1x Cam chain - 5565469-001
    1x Cam chain tensioner - 5565468-001
    1x Cam chain tensioner O ring - 5576910-001
    1x Clutch inner plate - 5565831-001
    1x Clutch spring - 5565827-001
    1x Bolt - 5565879-001
    1x Crankshaft oil seal - 5869461-001

The part numbers are from the website http://www.bikebandit.com/triumph-mo...-2000/o/m17575 ...
  5. Disassembly is complete

Thursday night we cruised around to Brent's place again and did a little bit more. We pretty much just finished off opening the engine up and figuring out what was broken.

After flipping the engine upside down we got the sump off and found nothing surprising. The gears in the gearbox were all perfect with no wear of the surface hardening. We couldn't find any sort of residues or bits of things floating around and everything looked like it's an engine that hasn't done all that many ...
  6. The heads off ...

We finally had a clear day where neither myself nor Brent had anything except working on bikes lined up. So I dropped the wife in town and headed out.

Got there to find him mowing the lawns. We decided we'd head in to Big Bikes to see the mechanic, Neil, as he knows everything there is to know about working on Triumph's, Ducati's, Aprillia's etc, including race prepping and modifying them. Brent reckoned if there was anyone who'd know if there were any problems with the TT600 to watch ...
  7. Trini the Triumph (not THAT Trinny)

So, it's been a while since I was on a bike regularly (like a year) so it was time to get the finger out and find myself another bike (my last one was stolen by scum).

I'd been watching trademe for quite a while and this bike had come up about 3 months ago. I seriously considered it then but it sold to someone else. About 3 weeks ago it suddenly reappeared on trademe, this time as a non-runner because it'd dropped a valve and destroyed the right outside cylinder. I thought even more ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04681.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	893.2 KB 
ID:	188554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04682.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	857.4 KB 
ID:	188555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04683.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	670.1 KB 
ID:	188556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04684.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	776.9 KB 
ID:	188557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04685.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	745.5 KB 
ID:	188558   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04686.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	670.5 KB 
ID:	188559  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234