View RSS Feed

Competition Riding

Racing , Trials and Stunting.

1. Aye Carumba - Bike Rider Magazine Summer Series - PMCC Round 3

Racing can be a total bitch sometimes.

Saturday was the practice day so the wife and I headed down to Taupo so I could make certain that the bike was fine and that I was in the right frame of mind.

Pretty much as soon as I got there I caught up with Lewis who was sorting out a pit shed. I was keen go to halves so I parked up beside his vehicle. Sign in and scrutineering were a breeze so I got the bike on the tyre warmers and went for a wander.
  2. Bike Rider Magazine Summer Series Round 2 - PMCC @ Manfeild

Frustration. It's a very annoying word. A bloody nuisance when it applies to an entire weekend.

Metvuw said no rain so, thankfully, the wets kept collecting spiders webs in the shed.

Steve picked me up, we picked my bike up and hit the road. The drive down was uneventful and we got there in time to leave the trailer at the track so we didn't have to fight for a space the next morning. A burger and chips eaten on the bonnet of the car and we were ...
  3. AMCC round 3

AMCC Round 3

I am so sore. It's been a while since I had so much fun on a motorbike so I'm not surprised I'm all aches and pains today.

This time we thought it'd be best to get to the track nice and early as things took quite a while to work through at round 1 so I picked up Michael just after 6:00am and we headed for Hampton Downs.

When we arrived we had a quick scout around to figure out where we could pit. Last time we were pitted between ...
  4. AMCC round 1

I'd been waiting to race at Hampton Downs for quite a while now, especially as I've done a few laps on it at track days. Unfortunately things didn't go quite as we wanted for a number of reasons.

I picked up Michael (one of the guys I work with) at 6:30am as he had volunteered to help me out in the pits for the day. He'd never done anything like it before but has always been interested in motor sport.

After a nice quiet drive to Hampton Downs we arrived ...
  5. So, this racing lark ....

Vic Club, Round 4, The Return of the Novel (Hear Frenchy Sigh)

I decided ages back that seeing as I'd gotten my hands on a very cheap race bike I'd have a stab at this racing lark and chose Round 4 to be the meeting at which I popped the cherry.

The lead up to Round 4 was going to be busy as there was lots to do, but I had a plan and it was all under control. Right up until I got knocked on my arse by one of the nasty flu bugs that've been going around. All of a sudden ...
  6. Not exactly a race report but ...

So, Stevie boy fires me a text a couple of days out asking if I wanted a ride to the Cliffhanger. I was keen. I'd wanted to go this year but things conspired against me until he gave me a yell.

Friday stright after work Megan drops me off at his place and we saddle up and start heading south. The plan was to get down there, check into the motel, get a good nights sleep and turn up looking a million dollars. What actually happened was we ended up passing the Mangatainoka Brewery after ...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345