View RSS Feed

Personal entry

Boring stuff about your boring life.

1. bought an RF

best purchase i've done in a while, grinning the whole ride back from wellington

11xMiles now 12xMiles, neat.

Categories
    Personal entry
  2. fun with rear tires on front wheel supermoto offroad @_O

Thought i'd try out what others have done overseas, put some kenda k270's onto the drz400SM rims --- couldnt break the bead myself so had Botany Honda do it, they did a great job.

offroad (rutty clay on construction sites) they performed great, front is a bit sketchy but the drz seems to climb over some pretty gnarly terrain with them on

Onroad they're great, able to cruise at 100kph with no worries, tight corners ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. more "adventury"

few more bits onto the drz, bashplate from GPcustom, zeta pivot leavers, bark busters

drove around the Hunua ranges and in as far as I could go before the logging tracks were fenced/unpassible -- thinking about changing the front sprocket to a 16T sounds like only minor mods needed for it to fit
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. Super Sherp out - DRZ in

sold the little green tractor and picked up an as new, 2013 DRZ400SM from an guy who rode it for 1900km then put it in the shed for 8 months

anyway, first few rides, bike is riding great, supermoto wheels are amazingly sticky, Stock tank was getting about 140KM of spirited riding before going to reserve which was not enough so the first of many mods to bring the bike to a more offroad/adventury style ride : Safari 17L tank

Categories
    Personal entry
  5. SherpDerp + 6R License

replaced the cracked and leaking rear brake reservoir, hose and clamps to the master cylinder (no more brake fluid slowly dripping down the swingarm onto the rear tire now just a valve cover / valve clearance to do at some point.

also acquired my 6R today on the little beast
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. Sherp Derpy Derp

anyway another boring post here's a picture of it at the new Waitawa regional park out kawakawa bay way

boring update #1; had the oil drain plug fixed by botany honda, turns out it had already been helicoiled before and was rooted, so plucked that out and added a new one in, will always need some form of sealant to stop it from leaking as can't put enough tension on ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. super sherpa story

recently picked up a 1998 kawasaki super sherpa (KL250-H2) with approx 9500KM on it, a fair bit of rust on the muffler/join clamp and some rust on nearly all bolt heads and some on the frame frame

the previous owner(s) have stripped the threads in the crank case? for the oil drain bolt, and I received the bike on very low oil with a whole lot of locktite sludge around the bolt holding it in. still the bike started fine. the air ...