View RSS Feed

General Bike Maintenance

Bike servicing, rebuilding, restoring, manuals, etc..

1. iPhone app launched

It is with great pride that I can announce that we now have a Dave Moss Tuning phone app. It has been developed over the last few months with an enormous amount of work by several people to get the app to this stage. This is just the start, and over the next several months, content will be added on almost a daily basis and then weekly thereafter for years to come.

It will really help further my mission in helping riders all over the world in our sport, creating more safety ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DMT_App_ad2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	289315  
  2. Brake Fluid

One of the common questions I asked all riders was for an interval on brake fluid changes. The norm seemed to be every 1-2 years for most road riders. Various intervals were given by track riders and racers like from very regularly to annually.

The follow up question on "How long is a bottle of brake fluid good for once the seal is broken?" again received a common answer of 30 days which is correct.

After 30 seconds of silence, puzzled looks and a little ...
  3. Monthly blog post to help riders cover the basics in a simple step by step basis

It was apparent that the most overlooked part of basic set up was ergonomics. As such, being comfortable on your bike is not an option - it is mandatory. Let's run through each one in detail and if you have old injuries, respect them and adjust accordingly even if that means something isn't perfectly symmetrical.

Handle bars
    Most stock bars have some adjustment. Not a lot at the triple clamp end but certainly a lot at the bar end, and that's the critical part. Do you know how ...