Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by NiggleC
    Well done PB. There is a real sense of achievement completing one of these. I once entered the GC from which this ride is derived only to have the final drive bearing on my BMW1100 begin to give up the ghost on the way up, subsequently i failed scrutineering. A long way to go from ChCh to fail but thats life. I stuck to the Chatto Creek 1000milers after that because a least i would be in the same island. Next year i am looking at the NI800 as part of a week holiday up north. will be interesting to see if anyone goes to print about that ride. Cheers N.
    There was at least one bike that failed the scrutineering this year, not sure if they were riding the NI1600 or NI800 but it must be disappointing to do so. I must admit I was nervous as I do my own maintenance and have made a few mods as well:-)
    Good write-up! Well, having done 2 of these already...might be looking for another challenge!
    Well done PB. There is a real sense of achievement completing one of these. I once entered the GC from which this ride is derived only to have the final drive bearing on my BMW1100 begin to give up the ghost on the way up, subsequently i failed scrutineering. A long way to go from ChCh to fail but thats life. I stuck to the Chatto Creek 1000milers after that because a least i would be in the same island. Next year i am looking at the NI800 as part of a week holiday up north. will be interesting to see if anyone goes to print about that ride. Cheers N.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogpurplechop
    I haven't heard of the TT2000 but I would be interested in doing it next year. How do I find out more about it. Is there a website?
    The web site is here:
    http://www.tt2000.org/

I'll warn you now that once you start you'll get totally hooked:-)

The checkpoints for next years rally will probably be published on the site around Aug/Sept.
    I haven't heard of the TT2000 but I would be interested in doing it next year. How do I find out more about it. Is there a website?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatastoner
    Great write up there. Next year you'll have to do the lot and carry a spare GPS.
    See you at the start.
    Mark
    I am tempted to go for points next year, only problem is having a belt drive I can't do the off-road stuff so will have to see what the checkpoints are. I 've decided not to bother with GPS but print two copies of my notes:-)
    Yep see you at the start.
    Great write up there. Next year you'll have to do the lot and carry a spare GPS.
    See you at the start.
    Mark