View RSS Feed

Brownbikerbabe

1. Looking for a good man...

....Woman, child, grandma, stunt animal...to teach me how to do a wheelie...I won't rest until I have done one! I actually met two young guys in a pick up truck while I was stopped at a red light, while I was on my Ninja and he stuck his head out the windah and asked me if I was going to "pop it up" for him...I don't have a penis so I was assuming my bike wheelie-ing...was what he meant

I was embarrased to say, I didn't know how to do one, he quickly offered to jump on the back of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. What was I thinking????

Not FOR SALE!

Took SahSin (my red bike) out for a spin after work, after the gym on Saturday...and it was sooooo nice, I haven't ridden that bike since 2009! Couldn't lift it, due to shoulder injury, but shoulder is 95% better now!~ I LOVED IT! How can I even think of selling it? I am not selling it anymore! It was up...but I didn't respond to half the email I recieved...inside I think I din't want to sell it! So, I am keeping it! Gonna change the pipes on it and also get new grips! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ninja Manoeuvers...

What is wrong with wanting to learn how to do wheelies? I posted that on my FB account and people were all over me to "not do it"...or think I will drop my bike, or break my arse! WTF? (most of these people don't ride at all)

So, I almost went up to a total stranger yesterday...he had a Kawi prolly a R6 or something..real beauty..and asked him if he knew how to do wheelies and if he could teach me, apparently watching youtube videos isn't professional enough? So what is? The local ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Living with a Ninja! Ninja Therapy...

Finally enough of a good day to take the bike out for a spin last Sunday. Great weather.

Went to a place here called Hockley Valley, about the only place you can find good twisty roads. Not like what you have in NZ but it suffices. I haven't really done any twisties with this new bike and I was looking forward to it.

A bit leary at times the accident of 2006 still engrained in my mind it happened on a turn in the road.

Anyway, I did it and I let the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Living with a Ninja!

Got home early from gym tonight so jumped on Green Envy for a spin before dinner!

I used this opportunity to put into practice all the advice you have posted. I practiced shifting alot quicker to keep it at 6000 rpm and it was much better. I didn't feel like I was killing the poor thing to quickly...and I think the bike liked it too...kept a steady humming, there were a few slip ups but for the most part I stayed at 6000 or slight just over.

Next thing I want to practice ...
  6. Living with a Ninja!

Ok it didn't rain on my arse...It called for rain, but it was cloudy all day...

I finally thought to take Green Envy out for a ride (yup that is my new baby's name) My cruiser's name is Sah Sin (means hummingbird in Haida Indian)

I rode to the gym, did my workout and was watching the clouds out side as I ran on the treadmill...getting darker...so I ran faster...LOL ...didn't want to get wet on the way home although I was already soaking with sweat.

I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Living with a Ninja!

It is home...my new 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Special Edition baby! and I have been learning to ride a sport bike....waaaaaaaay different than Sah Sin...my Kawasaki Drifter 800 (I wanna be an Indian when I grow up) cruiser. Me thinks I like it! I like it alot my new ride is sweeeeeeet. Now if only it doesn't rain tomorrow I can ride it to work!

I have a lot of things yet to learn, the seating on a sporty...different...the leaning on a turn...different...its much lighter...nice! ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00361-20100416-1&.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	365.4 KB 
ID:	206039