View RSS Feed

Adventure/Dual Purpose Bikes

Riding any road. Tarmac, gravel or dirt.

1. I have bruises to prove how much fun we had!

by , 3rd January 2009 at 21:03 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudes View Post
    I just realised that I have been having so much fun reading other people's reports of their adventures at Taupo that I hadn't gotten around to writing one of my own

Our weekend started early, Wednesday to be exact with a ride through to Wairoa in the Hawkes Bay to spend Xmas with family. Pissed down the whole way except for about an hour, luckily from Napier to Lake Tutira, the best bit of the trip!

Spent Xmas in Wairoa then rode through to Gisborne on
  2. Pammy's new look.

by , 8th December 2008 at 09:08 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
  3. Pamela's plastic surgery.

by , 8th December 2008 at 09:05 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    Pamela has had some "work" done.
    Thanks to Skunk putting a new tail piece and seat on his AX he had a spare tail piece like Pammy's that got trashed when we hit the track, along with his flash as seat and two side covers.
    Pammy always only had one "real" side cover as Skunk orginally purchased Pamela for her right hand side cover for his bucket, so we'd fabricated several side covers which kept breaking, but now she has a real one,.... very smart! The new seat is also a bit lower
  4. Pamela's plastic surgery.

by , 8th December 2008 at 09:05 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    Pamela has had some "work" done.
    Thanks to Skunk putting a new tail piece and seat on his AX he had a spare tail piece like Pammy's that got trashed when we hit the track, along with his flash as seat and two side covers.
    Pammy always only had one "real" side cover as Skunk orginally purchased Pamela for her right hand side cover for his bucket, so we'd fabricated several side covers which kept breaking, but now she has a real one,.... very smart! The new seat is also a bit lower
  5. Pammy at Kaitoke

by , 17th November 2008 at 10:58 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
  6. Pammy does Kaitoke.

by , 17th November 2008 at 10:52 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    I hadn't ridden Pammy since the last points round at the Slipway, had started her a couple of times to check she still would (with quite a bit of prompting and pushing) and had changed a few things since. She had broken her clutch lever when she'd had a little lie down so I had replaced that but hadn't had a chance to check and adjust it so that it engaged properly. I had also replaced both fork seals as one was leaking, but when I'd replaced the leaky one discovered that there was only a few mils
  7. Pamela's Last Points Race

by , 22nd September 2008 at 10:13 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    So.... last points round of the season, Pammy had her rear taped from the last round where we'd had ourselves a close encounter with the ground and we were sitting in third position on the points table behind two people that wouldn't be racing in the last round, but we were closely followed by some faster folks who were coming, and we don't have a good record of finishing with many points, just finishing was always my motto.
    So I didn't really have high hopes for placing well in the final
  8. Pammy's broken arse!!

by , 31st August 2008 at 21:00 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    That's right, I broke Pamela's sweet little bum today...
    First points race of the day, clockwise circuit, B grade was fraught with carnage today, especially for anyone who came in contact with a silly little shit on a motard (or should that be anyone who he contacted as he attempted to carver people up and ride motard styles among the buckets!)... anyway, I regress...
    So anyway, heading into the far corner when next thing I know I'm on the deck and see someone has come
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast