View RSS Feed

Kwaka14

1. Day 4 and 5 (more to come)

Day 4 – Venice Explore

We wake to the sound of Rattely V twin and find that Bills mate has made it in after his Vincent (A much newer model (1961?) which has suspension) had broken down. After dropping the bike on the ground (too soft for the stand) and standing it up again he’s all good to pitch the tent and they’re both keen to come in to Venice so we have a quick bite and we head off to start the day in Venice together. Interesting guys – there after their ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5549.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	211462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5652.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	211463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5608.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	164.2 KB 
ID:	211464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5660.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	211465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5666.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	211466  
  2. 14 Countries in 14 Days? First 3 days - Installments to come

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaka14 View Post
    Well not quite, but almost..... we did 10

Day 1 – Prague to Alpbach Austria

Woke up to some fantastic weather, clear blue skies and the kind of start to a ride you mostly dream about in this part of Europe, Spent a bit longer than anticipated cramming as much as we possibly could in to the new luggage, struggled down four flights of stairs in leathers and loaded the bike – already too hot to think about much else than getting going, or at least I was, Lenka had
  3. Counting down now....

I've been wanting to do this for a while now, and have been plodding away getting my shit together, but finally, just 12 hours away is the 2 week trip from heaven (at least I hope so). Gear is packed, bike is serviced, map is sorted, Euro's pocketed, Pillion organised....

Plan for the next 16 days is to roughly do a loop from the Czech republic as far south as Greece (should it be safe enough) passing through as many interesting places/countries/etc. as we can handle and eventually ...
  4. Getting to Grips with the Czech Republic

We've been struggling a bit to get out on the bike. It seems to be harder to find time and good weather here than back home, but at least we're mobile and having fun when weather and work permits. We did a short run today - maybe around 200km's of the Czech Republics dodgy roads (funny to rip round a corner to have to dodge an open hole (winter was a bitch here and the ice has done loads of damage this year).

Its feeling great, being back in the seat after 18 months of winters (winter ...
  5. Touring Europe

Its been hellishly cold here for a few months so have decided I needed to think about something other than the harsh winter and lack of bike or riding weather - so I am sitting here in Prague planning on touring Europe in late May for several weeks. The first thing is the bike (which is to be purchased) and am leaning towards and FJR1300/GTR1400/ST1300 or similar at this stage as I will have the wife on the back. The rough plan is to head south from Czech Republic crossing a few borders meandering ...