View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Finally getting back into the swing of things!

Well last year I was clobbered at school in the back of the head around March. By a frikken frisbee. Concussed me so badly I was off school for two terms and still hadn't come right by the 3rd term. Couldn't concentrate, talk or walk properly for that time and just trying to string a thought together was mayhem on the brain.

Wifey basically had a zombie for a hubby and it was a while before things came right.

Of course no riding a bike, that was blardy hard bejesus ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. In Sydney lapping up the holiday!

Well was in Sydney for a holiday, took off last Friday and came back Monday - just got around to sorting through the photos. Being a biker, noted the two wheels moving around the Sydney streets. Have to say, felt sorry for them since there is so many lights and a paucity of good roads to ride on!

The bikes I did see had mile wide chicken strips and they were parked in all sorts of nooks and crannies, did see one poor unfortunate pulled over by the popo on the first night in! A smattering ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030348.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	298.4 KB 
ID:	243194   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030349.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	311.3 KB 
ID:	243195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030350.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	289.3 KB 
ID:	243196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030347.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	341.5 KB 
ID:	243193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030419.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	243189  
  3. Tue 5th : Doing the new 'Tron dance

Well this day found me doing very much of nothing, being an insouciant biker, I rode my velocity contraption towards the usual pootling place of Maraetai, Whitford and towards Botany Honda. As my Big Ol'Hornet has been outfitted with a Touring Scottoiler (with twin head injectors naturally), it behooves me that it does require filling with decayed dinosaur matter every so often.

In the days of yore past, I used to go through my little ritual every 500km or so to spray lubricant onto ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sunday 3rd : Taking Big Ol'Hornet fishing

Well dear reader, I do so hope today finds you hale and hearty and with all your faculties in reasonable shape from the festivities of a new(ish) year now. This particular day was of no special importance, but I had arranged for a nice asian lass to pillion on my Big Ol'Hornet to partake in another passion involving the lovely scenery and localities that liberally sprinkle our fair and green lands.

I awoke with the morning chorus of the aviary crew that inhabits our trees and the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Sat 2nd of 2010 : Finally riding a bike again!

Well, my most valued and esteemed reader, this marking of chronological units has resulted in yours truly, abandoning his most valued and trusted mechanical steed! The run up to New Year resulted in my family all departing to northern climes, through the hills, dales, valleys, undulations and other thoroughfares to ensconce in the lap of Omapere.

My brother had rented a lovely bach by the sea from where we could recline and recluse and generally be in the holiday spirit. Feel my frustration ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. My how a week can change ...

Well my illustrious company, I find myself on a threshold of a new chapter in life. As of last Thursday, coming home from a late night ride around the Coromandel in the company of the feckless and redoubtable Gremlin, 5am brought a host of horrors.

A note hastily scribbled on the table by my pater had informed me that ill events of a portentous nature had befallen my dear mater.

She had taken ill and had to be whisked with alacrity to Middlemore Hospital, the A&E unit. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Video logging or pictorial scribings upon one's random meanderings

Well the other day I finally got convinced by zeocen to try and implement this infernal contraption called a POV 1.5 camera video. After much tooing and froing to acquire small velcro dots to affix aforementioned device to one's external cranium protector, I managed to evince a passable attempt to mount it and tootled melodiously on my way.

I rode over hill and dale, over the hills and far away, around some bends, wafted around some corners and pootled with gusto on the other bits. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized