Blog Comments

Haha, continuous flow. There will be a baby soon... and you think you get to keep on riding.

Haha
    bastard...

cheers for the lift tho. 2 men on a honda! Pity this one came prepared with chest and back protector
    Damn, sounds like a good day of riding. And scoffing pies, always good. But seriously dude, Pepsi?

Compare your good day riding to mine today. Got blardy soaked this morning on the commute. It seems my waterproof trou aren't waterproof anymore. Gloves are drying out in front of a heater in my office. Boots are damp. And with rain finding its way in through my jacket collar I've been in wet clothes most of the day, but they've finally dried out in time for the commute home, in more rain! I love motorcycling I suppose it's been a while since we had much rain in Akld so it was bound to catch up eventually...

With the amount of commuting instead of enjoyable riding that I do I was rather disappointed to miss the swarm ride this week Still gotta borrow your 900 for a few days to see how the commute compares to my Gixxer. Maybe next year some time.
    When kids wake you up at 6am anyway, might as well be ready to go by 7-ish! And I don't get to go for a decent ride very often so wanted to make the most of the day.

Felt damn good riding some decent corners again instead of just the regular 60km daily communt along Auckland's motorway system. Riding through the new road seal and gravel on SH16 made for some interesting moments, front wheel slide is never a good feeling. Got stuck behind a caravan and a campervan on some twisties, I knew gijoe1313 would be looking in his mirrors worried about me, but I didn't push it until I had some safe overtaking room and was able to catch up with him again.

While we were scoffing down pies in Wellsford we had a bit of a yak with some keen young fellas who were also on their way to Whangarei, didn't see them out on the ride though. It was a sweet day for riding and waved at plenty of other riders out enjoying the good conditions.

BTW the chap who we picked up the baffle from is wynw. We had a good gawk and gab session over his K9 gixxer thou.

Enjoyed the ride, had a good day, cheers to gijoe1313
    Who the hell starts a ride at 0715

and its Mangawhai. lurn to speel gud.
    See... and so it begins. Soon you'll be shelling out heaps of moolah, and I shall be laughing!
    Do not buy a new Duc...it comes with a Ducati aftermarket catelogue...buying the bike is cheap its all the bling .....

You bike looks nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles
    Does the exhaust have to come off to remove the wheel?
    Ayup, just a wee bit tight in there - but not a hard job to do, just two points to loosen.
    Does the exhaust have to come off to remove the wheel?
    Heh my bro rode out on the CB1000R ... seems like he still remembers how to ride, considering how he was giving it the berries from what I heard!
    Plenty of bikes available to get your bro riding again!
    In the background of your first photo your neighbour is doing the same thing with his boats.
    Quote Originally Posted by carver
    what does it go like now man?
    they seem a bit strangled stock.
    cool bike though
    At least you can bloody hear the bike revving along now! I've readjusted it due to advice from Dumpty, and it's mounted more appropriately (the pipe lines up more along the angle and the can retainer is more flush now).

It's fun revving it out loud to 10k revs!
    Larfly Justin, She's a beautiful bike and now boasts a beautiful tune
    what does it go like now man?
    they seem a bit strangled stock.
    cool bike though
    I've had +90% for 1.5 years odd... now I feel even more sorry for the oncoming vehicles up north last weekend.

We turn the bike around to face out to the road, to see what kind of reach and visibility the leds have. Then I turned on the low beam. GiJoe squints, acts as if he's about to be blown away like a vampire in sunlight, and squeaks, good god, is that the high beam!! No says I, just low beam... this is high. He seeks protection behind one of the cars in the driveway.

Curious (yes, curiosity killed the cat) I asked him to return the favour. Wow... no wonder I can ride at night with little issue. Them be powerful bulbs.
    Go the lil' ol'hornet!
    Japanese parts? HECK YES!
    good luck!!!
    Excelent guys. I have visions of the middling ol' Hornet with gold handle bars, leavers and bar ends one day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast