View RSS Feed

Bike Gear

Keeping your skin on your body

1. New bling for Cindi

Well, been quite quiet here on the blog front - so to update some details to aid my failing memory as I slide into my dotage!

New rear Angel for Cindi from Drury tyres, also got them to put the new R&G rear axle bobbin gubbins in at the same time.

Thinking what the hey, get right angled valve installed as well (they currently have two of mine in stowage ready for when I change the fronts on Cindi and the Big Ol'Hornet!)

Also purchased a small "Muc-Off" ...
  2. Knocking at Quasi's for my KNOX

Rode down to Quasi to pick up my KNOX chest armour in the 'Tron tonight. Got a text around 5ish and any excuse for a ride ... I got my kit on and rode down the moronway to Taupiri and off towards Gordontown to Quasi's.

Always a hospitable host, he showed me the new back protector gears before I headed back up home, naturally took the back roads home and stopped in at Mercer to don some wet weather gear. Was fine on way down, but nature's ways decided to damp down the return journey. ...
  3. Pootling on a Predator as a proud new owner!

Well I guess now is the time as good as any to tell a tale of my time with my brand new motorcycle.

As you know my esteemed reader, I have recently come in possession of a fine piece of mechanical engineering. Namely one CB1000R, known as a Predator - born from the engineering workshop of an '07 Fireblade engine and modelled in the runway fashion halls of Europe.

I acquired my bi-wheel locomotive contraption from those erstwhile rapscallions in Botany ...
  4. Well I gone and done it now ...

Tonight, I have with some small fanfare and trepidation, have put my reputation and money where my mouth is ... I went and announced to the whole of the KB world that Jeaves and I have opened our own online bike parts store. With quality bike parts sourced from the land of the rising sun.

It was two years ago that over the re-wiring of my lil'ol'hornet's lights (for what seemed like the umpteenth time) that Jeaves and I were doing the classic Kiwi moan. "Why can't we get the cool ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BIKEKO_header.gif 
Views:	117 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	197222  
  5. Monday 4th : Failure to spend money on biking gear

Now please I ask for your forbearance and patience in regards to my musings for Monday, in hindsight, which is always perfect and wonderful, I would have done things scantly different. As those who know me, I have a predilection for being able to use any pretext, no matter how flimsy as an excuse to go ride my bike.

I am reminded of an old samurai/ronin apocryphal story where a lone samurai (I shall dispense with the ronin appellation since samurai evokes a much more epic sentiment) ...