View RSS Feed

Touring & The Bikes You Use

Touring bikes and just touring in general

1. Cindi carries on up to the Cape! Ooer!

Well as part of my plan to do my usual business of riding whenever, where-ever and however - I took Cindi my CB1000R Predator up to Cape Reinga today. The last time Cindi and I were closest to the Cape was when we accompanied Gremlin to Dargaville. This first mission was a failure due to the usual tardiness of Gremlin.

Today, we remedied that! I was up at 6am .... brekkie and prep saw me bolt out the door at 7.15am and we were away riding! Did the back roads to SH16 and the boring ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fush n chups.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	245.1 KB 
ID:	220019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike fush n chup.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	265.9 KB 
ID:	220016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dancing fruit.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	235.0 KB 
ID:	220015   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tane mahuta.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	352.1 KB 
ID:	220017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Omapere.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	267.9 KB 
ID:	220018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaikohe.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	220014  
  2. Pootling on a Predator as a proud new owner!

Well I guess now is the time as good as any to tell a tale of my time with my brand new motorcycle.

As you know my esteemed reader, I have recently come in possession of a fine piece of mechanical engineering. Namely one CB1000R, known as a Predator - born from the engineering workshop of an '07 Fireblade engine and modelled in the runway fashion halls of Europe.

I acquired my bi-wheel locomotive contraption from those erstwhile rapscallions in Botany ...
  3. Part III : There and back again

From Masterton, we took our leave, the sun was falling and many a township had to be passed before we could rest from our might exertions in the safeness of one’s own bed. The time taken whizzed, by as I rode the newly acquired steed.

It was a learning experience from one another, the little VTR huffed its way at me as we proceeded to eat up the twisties of SH54 and the backroads towards “home”. As time passed and we settled into each other’s rhythms, poor DONOR was left behind in ...
  4. Part the Two : Who ate all the pies!?

Now for this nefarious plan to tour the countryside of our fair lands, DONOR and I had numerous challenges to overcome. Namely provisioning. We spent a goodly amount of time with drool on our chins as we thought of all the rations we would consume, vittles to munch on and liquid potables to quaff.

With that semi-sorted, we loaded copious amounts of ginger beer into an eski and basically proceeded to chuff all sorts of gear into DONOR’s station wagon. We also sorted out our bike trailer ...
  5. gijoe1313 and DONOR go on a Road Trip! Part the One

Well my fine ladles and jellyspoons, it is with a mixture of trepidation and exhilaration that I actually post up something! This has been a long while due to the onerous exertions of reality (yah! boo! hiss! )

Anyhow the meat of the matter is that my friend Greentea has been pining for her own bike to call her own, to love, to throw hard earned cash and to call it by it's own name. The tale of this saga begins last Friday past (20th Aug) when she piped up she wanted a bike ...
  6. Thur 7th : Gremlin by name, gremlin by nature - what's in a name?

Yet again my fine person of quality that peruses the personal volumes of memoirs that make up the stock within KiwiBiker, I bid you welcome and I hope you are well rested. I find the time to wax lyrical on my rides and I do so appreciate the time and effort that you deign to actually dabble on my diadems of biking discernment.

This day once again found me at odd sorts, I had already commenced a full day of housebound chores involving the clearance of unwanted vegetative matter from ...
  7. At the 50 000km mark for Big Ol'Hornet

Its at this point in time, I am pausing to effect a small reflection of my zeal for two wheels of freedom. The CB919 aka 900 Hornet aka Big ol'Hornet has helped layer another patina of rose coloured experiences to my life.

I well remember the anticipation and petulant way I acted at Botany Honda, demanding from Richard that my bike shall be ready and on road for the next day!

Ah the halcyon day when I rode it down to Wellington and back for its maiden journey, a small ...