Blog Comments

Sounds like a great day was had there John. I wish we could have been there but we already had three things on that day! I'll need to make sure I have plenty of notice for next years one. - Simon #8456
    Yep - no.6. Lovely photo. Two great bikes. Doesn't look to be much of a gap between my left footpeg and the road! Shame you didn't get the sparks.

Now that I've clocked up 60,000kms in the last 18 months I am finding the GS is really loosening up. Seems much more mellow somehow - economy at 4.9litres/100km even with some spirited riding.
    That's a damn good shot of the GS right there John.

As I'm finding with the BMW, the recipe to good fuel economy is easy. Ride lots, and as you run the bike in (over a few tens of thousands of km) it gets more economical! I couldn't think of a better activity
    Well, this one was full of fun and games! Glad to hear all was well and a great ride had!
    Nice write up, always enjoy these ride reports!
    Great ride, thanks for organising it.

The roads were great fun.

Being 2 "newbies" Michelle and I were very surprised to be 3rd equal back. 2 up on a Multistrada was not bad at all.

Be good to see more 2 ups next year.

cheers

Tony
    Twas a great ride John. I wasn't particularly looking forward to it actually but surprised myself. Well organised too - well done Ann!
    I am finding the GS to be a great bike. Even after that ride I had no sore bits at all. All good fun!
    Good read Must get around to writing mine
    Won't ride a full blog but have the following comments:

1. Was on a mission to finish first after finishing 2nd/3rd with Aly on my last effort.
    2. Nearly ran out of fuel on the Gentle Annie. 3 Bars leaving Hastings became 2 after 10km on gentle Annie. Calculated I would be about 10km short! Didn't want to turn back, so kept going and conserved fuel by coasting down the hills and setting 3500rpm limit. Got to turn off at Spooners Hill Rd. 9km Taihape, 22km Waiouru. TAIHAPE! 28 Ltrs! Adding 30km to trip.
    3. Nearly ran out of fuel again later. No fuel stations sighted all the way through Wanganui (Mobil closed down at end). Made it to Turakina and would not have made Bulls! Another 28 Ltrs!
    4. Still have't seen Grubs cross - even though i have been looking for it twice! Looks like it needs some repairs? Perhaps a post on KiwiBiker, so someone going through there can take some tools and effect them? Or maybe a quick ride up for us sometime?
    5. Waited 1hrs at P&J for 2nd place! But it is not a race... :-)

Great day - the only endurance ride I have done twice...
    Aye2GetaBJ?
    GPS mount transferred from red last night, along with 1st Aid kit, compressor & torch.

I couldn't do 1000Km without music!
    I reckon that's come out a real treat

Will she be on the C1KC?
    Good write ups, thanks for that, and was good to meet you there
    Team Hitcher really enjoyed this year's GC. The roadworks from Te Araroa to Opotiki were something special, as were some of the East Coast critters. We spent a bit of extra time at "stops" once we realised we didn't have to rush to complete. Good practice for the upcoming C1KC...
    That was a really enjoyable read! It definitely sounds like something that I would like to try in the future when I have more riding experience and a bigger bike. Thanks for writing up a great report.
    Mmmm, enjoyed that. I also saw the farm equipment, but didn't get lured in quite as much as you
    Annoyed I had to miss the Friday extension... but a good read
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennif
    Yeah Long John Silver just loves his Avon Storms. And yes ... hmmmm .... black! I reckon he should go the whole HOG (am I allowed to say "hog"?) and paint her YELLOW!!!
    Yellow? You had your eyes checked recently matey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    Hmmm. Black. That should hide the dirt really well! Avon Storm 2s front and rear?
    Yeah Long John Silver just loves his Avon Storms. And yes ... hmmmm .... black! I reckon he should go the whole HOG (am I allowed to say "hog"?) and paint her YELLOW!!!

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/atta...9&d=1195168685

http://gigo.com/wiki/File:YellowST1300.JPG
    Congrats John on the new bike. I am pleased the ride home went well. I was very sad to let her go, and as you know I put a lot of work into my bikes. I am pleased that you will no doubt make the most of what the ST1300 is intended for - lots of long rides!

I hope to get back into riding once I can sort out my hip pain issues and get my health properly back in track. I could hardly walk the next day even after the relatively short ride from Kaukapakapa to the airport. Both hips had seized up and I was in quite a bit of pain.

All the best for your rides and I will keep an eye on your blog.

Cam.
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast