View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

1. Buying a New Bike – Warm Fuzzies – Yeah Right!?

One would expect to get warm fuzzies over buying a new bike!.....and of course….one does!
    The thrill of the hunt when looking;
    the excitement and drooling when spotting a target;
    the anticipation and longing to get ones hands on it when wistfully gazing at the pics on Trademe or other internet source full of praise and illustrations for that of which you have chosen….(and what a wise and canny person you were to spot this item and realise what a wonderful choice you were making); ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. GC Conditioning…Don’t you Love Having an Excuse for Decent Ride!?

This weekend was programmed for my last conditioning ride for the GC (with only 3 more weekends to go and a club ride next weekend) and since missing out on the big Honda sale, although I was resigned to keeping my bike, I’ve kept a weather eye out for a replacement ST.

There have been several nice looking ST’s on TradeMe and I turned down a good offer in Masterton, as I thought, “Nah, keep the $’s and keep the Big Red, it’s got 122,000Km on it, but it’s going great.” ...But, then ...
  3. Thanks Mr Avon!...and I bid thee farewell, Adieu …and I wave with a Big Finger!!

FU Mr Avon!! You can take your Storm 2 Ultras and shove ‘em where the sun don’t shine. I’ve had nothing but great riding off the Avon Storms but my last three rears (all Storm 2 Ultras) have cost me a fortune and given me no end of grief. The attached refers for the first two, to which I received no comment or reply….and then there was this weekend!!

The bike has been running great, I did have to get a Battlax 023 fitted to the front (I might note that this was because of Mr Avon’s ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Avon Storm Ultra.pdf   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-09001.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	248300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-09002.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	248301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-09003.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	248302  
  4. A Weekend Away

Ann had the Hawkes Bay Masters Tennis tournament to play this weekend and I don’t usually travel to these, but on this occasion it suited my purpose to go for a ride....so we did. We took Friday off and got away from home around 0900 for a quick fill at the Ngaio GAS then head over the hill to Masterton.

This was the first ride on the new Bridgestone 023 on the front and it’s been awhile since riding with Ann on the back, so the bike felt a little different and I was wary to see how ...
  5. Admiral Rd

This week I booked the bike in to have its 120,000Km Service on Monday, which apart from the usual oil & filter, is just a whole lot of inspections, but I did specify to do the air cleaner because that’s done over 24,000 and I also asked to have a look at the brake pads because the front set have done 78,000??? (this is only the 2nd set with the first set only managing 42,000Km) I suppose as I’ve got used to the ST and it’s lack of engine braking, I tend to brake a lot less and I am still more inclined ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	436.7 KB 
ID:	247419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	405.8 KB 
ID:	247420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	330.5 KB 
ID:	247421  
  6. Lunch in Apiti for (7)..(6)..5…but not Ken!

After yesterday’s delightful ride, it was easy to gear up again this morning for the Uly Long ride to Apiti, except today I needed the wets as well. I was up and away by 0900 to fill at BP Mana and when I got there, I received a text from Ken to say “My girl won’t start this am. Battery I think. If I get going I’ll catch youse up.” Needless to say, he didn’t, ....and as an ex teacher of teachers, I feel he needs a visit from the BDOTGNZA’s!! Really Ken, with an ‘e’ on the end, yous will end up sounding ...

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	296.1 KB 
ID:	247006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	344.5 KB 
ID:	247007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	319.1 KB 
ID:	247008  
  7. Life’s Like a Box of Chocolates!

Forest’s Mum was right, sometimes you bite into one and it tastes like crap!

This time last week I thought I was about to get a new-beaut black beauty ST. I had requested the dealers bank account details to transfer the pingers, bought a new Shoei Qwest helmet in matching black and some scuff stuff to put straight on when I took receipt. I’d organised to get some reflective pin striping done on the bike and helmet and I was preparing for a prolonged diet of boiled rice...at least ...

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	454.1 KB 
ID:	247009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	465.0 KB 
ID:	247010  
  8. GC Mode

GC Mode! I love switching into GC Mode and letting the K’s roll off the rubber.

With the Grand Challenge (1,000 miles in 24 hours) looming at the end of October and me having done very little riding, today I decided to go for my first conditioning ride in order to harden up the butt and try to get the mind and body into the endurance groove. It was a last minute decision to do this, so it was to be a solo ride and to expedite matters, I just pulled an unused 1,000Km ride plan and ...

Name:	033pr.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	519.4 KB 
ID:	246671  
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast