View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

1. Wind Farm & Wild Oats

Today was a combined road and gravel Ulysses Ride and as seems to be the norm lately, the weather forecast was crappy right up until the day before, then it looked like it would hold off until this evening.

I checked the tyres and left home at 0905, going via J’ville to fill-up the fuel and tyres. It was after 0930 by the time I got away from there and headed down the gorge for Brown Owl with the weather a cool 9° and overcast. The roads were dry but it was looking a bit grim on the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Johnny Mentor

I dropped the bike into Boyles on Monday afternoon to get the forkseal fixed on Tuesday and requested they keep it an extra day and do the 72K service and put a new rear on, if they could get a Storm……two days and just under $1,000 later……!! (I guess what I expected but tried not to think about.)

Today was day two of our mentor programme so eleven of us were present and ready at Whitireia by 0900 again. This morning was spent in the classroom going over our general knowledge of the ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. Another 'Track' Ride

Today was a Ulysses ride to Owlcatraz in Shannon. I didn’t really want to go as I discovered yesterday that my right front fork is bleeding, but as it wasn’t serious and I was the only one from the rides committee around, I thought I should go.

Watching the weather forecast during the week, it didn’t look like the ride would go ahead but it turned out OK on the day so I got ready and departed about 0910 to fill at Plimmerton and get to the weigh station by 0940. By 1000 there were ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. Do As I Say..Not As I Do!

At 0845 yesterday, 11 of us met up at J’ville before heading out to Porirua for Mentor Training with Andrew & Lynn Templeton of Ridesafe.

This was the first of a two day programme which is being conducted using the facilities at Whitireia, ie a classroom and a carpark, and fortunately we had another reasonably nice day for it, albeit rather chilly which wasn’t too much of a problem as most of the day was spent in the classroom. The first day focusing more on improving our individual ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. Recce Ride

Apart from some commuting, I haven’t been for a ride for nearly a month thanks to the crap weather and being busy at work, but this week I suggested a route for a club ride but I hadn’t been on some of the roads and didn’t even know anything about them, so Steve and I decided a Recce Ride was required.

Fortunately we got a great day but I still decided to put the liners in my pants and wear the Spidi Gloves. That was a good idea because getting away from home a 0850, it was only 5° ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	090606.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	188453  
  6. Another Rotorua Pootle

This year’s Allied Group Conference was held in Rotorua again, so I took the opportunity to have a ride, albeit in crap weather.

During the week before the ride I kept a close eye on the weather forecast to help decide my route but it didn’t help much so come Wednesday morning I decided to hit the road and wing it. I filled with gas and checked the tyres on the way to work, then got away about 1100, heading straight up one fully kitted with wets. I didn’t need to be in Rotorua until ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. The Claytons Ride - Up SH1 but not up SH1.

We had two rides this weekend. The Wellington Free Ambulance Charity Ride on Saturday and social ride to Foxton Beach on Sunday.

Saturday dawned a pleasant enough day, although a little chilly so I put my liners in and went down to top-up the air in the tyres, filled-up then returned home to pick-up Ann, departing for Maidstone at 0945.

We chatted and took a few photos to kill the time and before we knew it, it was time for the briefing, so I counted the bikes and noted ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. The Easter Mouse

I thought it was time to introduce my great-nephew Jake to the Easter Mouse! You know, …….the one that follows the Easter Bunny everywhere and if you don’t woof your Easter Egg down quickly, the Easter Mouse will get at it.

In this instance a Triple egg was obtained for Eleni and an egg filled with pineapple lumps for Jake. A message was sent to their mum to ensure my efforts would not be in vain and collection was due this morning………UNFORTUNATELY…………I believe the Easter Mouse knew ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast