View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

1. Only 8000Kms till Christmas

Between the weather and the desire to preserve tyres for the Grand Challenge, the last two weeks have been very lean on K's. In fact, this week is the first in over two years that I didn't use the bike to go to work at all and I've probably only done 200-300Kms.

My total rides were a jaunt up to Raumati Sth last Friday to see a client. It was a beautiful day, although a little cool after the southerlies from the previous days, and the short ride was made a little more interesting ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. Rides, Pix & Demerits!

Two weeks of not much riding, but it's been quite eventful.

A couple of us were talking on Tuesday of last week about going down to Blenheim for the 'Longest Day' 1000km endurance ride on 3 November when I suggested, “Why bother with the Ferry, we can organise our own ride”. The next day I had established several route options, but on that day, my mate Steve came to grief when his 'Busa decided it didn't like p-gravel.

He wasn't going to be much help (and it put him ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. 18,000kms Done

I have booked my bike in for its' 18,000 km service on Tuesday, so needed to do a 400+ km ride this weekend to get the kms on the dial. The plan was to do a pre-GC (Grand Challenge 1000miler) night ride, probably over the 'hill', up through Pongaroa to Dannevirke, Saddle then Track, back over the 'hill', Akatarawa Road to Waikanae and back to home. (approximately 450 -500 kms). But after meeting up with DennisR in Motorad on Friday, I had a change of plan as he and Bazza57 were looking at a ride ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. Spring Rides...Just What the Doctor Ordered

Last Sunday, after spending most of the week in Masterton with my family, it was a lovely day and I felt the need for a blow-out, so I popped out to Riversdale for a coffee. Without really pushing it I got out to the beach in 28 minutes and went for a wee tiki tour / nostalgia trip to check out the old haunts. It's a very different place to where we used to holiday. I enjoyed a coffee at the shop, then realised I was supposed to be back for a family gathering in 20 minutes, so it was a fairly quick ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. My Dad Died

It was most fortunate that I called to see my dad when I was out riding last Sunday, because he collapsed on Monday and passed away early Tuesday.

My dad was a ratbag…He stole the chips off my plate and made me hug my sister after I teased her into a frenzy.

He watched me play sport, encouraging me and giving tips on gamesmanship, which I might add, he was an expert at the art of legal dirty tricks.

He took us on family outings to rivers and beaches, ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. I Got My Fix

Another real busy week at work and I was privileged with a visit from my mates Jake & Eleni. After our niceties, Jake was excited to take me outside to show me his digger that he had just picked-up from the toy library. That was cool and I sent them off with the appropriate sugar fix.

I wasn't planning to ride this weekend, but I figured I needed a fix on Saturday after I felt the need to go down the Ngaio Gorge and back up Onslow Road to get from Ngaio to Khandallah, so after getting ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. Lay Week

I've had to do a few late nights at work this week as my co-worker, Lynn is away for two weeks and I'm having to cover the accounts as well as processing so it hasn't left much time for anything else.

After last weeks marathon ride and with crappy weather forecast, I was quite happy not to ride this weekend as I was supposed to head up to Taupo for the Ulysses Remembrance Run but we also had a 60th birthday to go to. On Saturday, a day that saw high winds cause the Rimutaka Hill to ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Anyone for coffee?....In Rotorua

It's been several months since I saw my Moko', not to mention my daughter and son living in Rotorua. Nanny Ann and I had planned to go up for the weekend recently but it didn't happen, so with a free weekend, no ride for the past few weeks, the Rusty Nut Grand Challenge (GC) coming up in a couple of months and a lack of night riding in recent times, I thought it would be a good ride to leave early in the morning (about 2:00am), ride up, spend the day with them and ride back about 4'ish.
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast