View RSS Feed

KoroJ's Blog

1. KB'ers Making it Real

Had a full-on week last week.

My nephew, Joe, has been overseas for 11 months and is currently travelling through Africa. While in Botswana last week, his bag was taken, complete with passport, and having arranged his travel insurance as his broker, that involved me more-so than it would have as just his uncle. (It all turned out well in the end.)

Then there was the Welly Luncheon and KB Gathering in Turangi. It amazes me that with 8,400 members, 30 could turn up to ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. We Privileged Few

After looking after my Moko's/mates Jake and Elane-Mei on Saturday (we played with Thomas, James, Edward & Diesel) I returned home to clean the ST in preparation for my first 'good' ride in a while on Sunday. The rest of Saturday was spent with our friends Murray & Ma'. The girls played golf at Titahi Bay while Murray & I went to the Classic Bike show in Lower Hutt.

The bike show was a rather interesting and nostalgic experience with a wide range of bikes displayed (probably 100 or ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. The Little Things that ‘Make My Day’

It’s easy to get wrapped-up in our jobs and get too busy to enjoy the small moments that come along.

For me, my day is pretty much spent at a computer and there’s always plenty to get on with so it’s head-down, arse-up, but the highlight of my week is often a visit from my mate Jake.

Jake and Elane-Mei (pronounced E-lay-nee May) are my Moko’s, or more correctly my Great-nephew & Great-niece, or if you want to be really pc correct…my first cousins twice removed. Jake ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. Some Days You Should Stay in Bed

I'm a bit of a waffler and thought this Blog thing might be right up my alley because I've never kept a diary but do find it interesting to look back sometimes.... Anyway this happened yesterday (17 May 07) but I just got round to doing 'the blog thing'.

!!?%#@!! Broke my right mirror and scuffed the right mirror cover and right pannier this morning! !!?%#@!!

I was riding down my driveway (steepish) and about to turn right down the road when a prick in a ute ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930