View RSS Feed

Touring & The Bikes You Use

Touring bikes and just touring in general

1. MDA Run - 28-30/11/2008

Another year has rolled by and another Muscular Dystrophy ride (my 4th) has been done, but this year Ann joined me. Of the 14 bikes, 5 carrying pillions, only 3 hadn't been before so most knew what a great weekend we were in for when we met at the Brown Owl shops for a departure at 0900 hours on Friday.

This year Ann and I decided to dress for the occasion as Santa's Mr & Mrs Pix-E (the official photographer for the trip) and we had my mum whisk up a couple of capes. I'd checked the ...
  2. Just Another GC.....Yeah Right!

I have just completed my third Grand Challenge (GC or 1000miles in 24hours) and this was to be my first ‘normal’ one because my first was the 20th anniversary of the event, so it had a bit more hype with a film crew videotaping the whole affair and my second was the 21st anniversary so that had a 500Km extension added to mark the occasion with 2100Kms. So, hopes of doing ‘Just Another GC’ were put to rest this weekend as I believe, there is no such beast!

I registered early in the ...
  3. The Capital 1000K Cruise

Wow!! What a great day....Great People, Great Roads and Great Weather.....especially considering that after monitoring the forecasts last week, we were tempted to pull-the-plug at one stage as this wasn't a ride one would want to do on wet roads.

We had 19 confirmed and registered riders who represented most sectors of the local biking fraternity....that's 3 ST riders and others.... I guess to be fair though, apart from the 3 Grumpy Old Men (Ulyssians) on their comfortable trucks, ...
  4. Anyone for coffee?....In Rotorua

It's been several months since I saw my Moko', not to mention my daughter and son living in Rotorua. Nanny Ann and I had planned to go up for the weekend recently but it didn't happen, so with a free weekend, no ride for the past few weeks, the Rusty Nut Grand Challenge (GC) coming up in a couple of months and a lack of night riding in recent times, I thought it would be a good ride to leave early in the morning (about 2:00am), ride up, spend the day with them and ride back about 4'ish.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123