Blog Comments

HI john

What a day you have had

As a thought I have a compressor I got from super cheap for $20. I stripped off all the plastic casing so just left with the motor and pump that fits easily into the tail of my bike. Have it about 5 years used it about 5 times ( always for other people)

Intend to get some KM conditioning rides done myself over the next few weeks .
    I'd suggest you save up the discounts and use them for the full 50L in cars, more savings in your pocket than claiming on 25L or something...
    Great Read John. Some great tips I will use while planning for this years NI1600 .
    Great read John. So you guys use Sena s20's then. Must look into that. See you at the NI 1600 this year or maybe before.
    Thanks for that, what a great read. I can see your passion for endurance riding, and I think some others might even get the bug from what you've written there.

It's definitely something that's in my future... once I've packed the kids up and out in to the world. That is - if we are still allowed to command our own vehicles at that point.

Cheers for taking the time to write it!
    Try Viet Nam mate!
    Yay, you got the pics working!
    Don't break the ellie
    Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ
    I saw you there when I was chatting to Topher as we waited to dump our pix but couldn't find you when I was done......next time!

apologies for that John had to make a dash to Rolleston to collect pillion before heading to Oamaru but she changed her mind with all the rain happening at the time could have stayed back for a chat if she had replied to my txt, damn pillions
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01
    I managed to finish this one John .........
    I saw you there when I was chatting to Topher as we waited to dump our pix but couldn't find you when I was done......next time!
    I managed to finish this one John was a AWESOME ride all round, only wet patch was the ride to Hamptons from Picton but then again it was on & off. The following 7-9 days touring the rest of the south was great, pillion had a ball
    Great writeup John. I spoke to Chris on Sat night at the top10 he told me he was knackered as we were .
    I thought this years was nicer with better weather after hitting a huge storm on west coast and tornado when returning to Christchurch. As this was my second time doing the TT2000 I had a better idea of what to expect. Ed and I had a ball be back next year
    Good stuff - thanks for sharing your ride.

I think I caught up with the four of you at the Rakaia Mobil; I had just clocked the 2,000kms and stopped for fuel before heading out for a few more kms.

'Twas a great weekend. I rode a pretty standard route, camped near Weedonside on Friday night and at Mt Somers on Saturday night. Mark, I saw you, Jeff and Gavin head through Mt. Somers just as I was mounting up and heading for Hakatere Corner. You all paused right outside the camp ground - not sure why. I then played leap frog with you guys for the next few hours.

Can't wait to do it all again - thinking I might need to go back and do some of the earlier ones I missed, just to fill in the time until Feb. next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatastoner
    ..... Highlights were the procession to Macraes........
    Dreds
    Yeah, I was slutted that I didn't have the GoPro wifi on so I couln't activate it with the remote....pretty dumb as that would just be a 10sec stop!!
    Excellent ride report Koro, as usual. Our planning wasn't quite as accurate as yours. We were working to the nearest hour. Highlights were the procession to Macraes, the two gravel shortcuts early on that pissed you off, and Conroys Road too. Coronet Peak on the way down, special... The plan had us hitting Wanaka around midnight, turns out we were six hours early. Just as well because the rain you had in Timaru was our buddy all through the night from Kurow to Klondyke, and all cp's in between. A couple of rain stops in Point Pleasant and Fairlie soaked up 3 of those hours, no pun intended. Got back to Hamptons at 1030.
    Our thoughts and well-wishes go out to Mike and his family. We hope for his speedy recovery.
    Bring on the NI 1600.

Dreds
    good read cheers for that...........we were on the same sailing as you fellas having been to the sound of thunder then back through the coast
    Cheers John catch you in CHC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    Don't try connecting everything to everything in one hit...
    They connect up to 9 units?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    I'm surprised that your ride up the river wasn't littered with critters!
    Not much critter litter, the only turkey was riding an ST, no heards of sheeps and only a couple of the sheepies were psychos!

Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01
    What do you make of the Metzeler Z8's?? I'm looking at a pair soon wouldn't mind your comments on this
    We were only in pootle mode but it's not a road I'd want to hurry along.

I feel much more comfortable on the Z8's than the PR4's.....but I've come to realise that it's all in the head and one man's poison is another mans cure.
    Good thing I took the Jerusalem checkpoint off my TT loop, looks like it would take up to much ride time with limited sunlight, glad to hear you didn't cause yourself to much damage John. What do you make of the Metzeler Z8's?? I'm looking at a pair soon wouldn't mind your comments on this
    I'm surprised that your ride up the river wasn't littered with critters!
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast