View RSS Feed

Sport/Road Bikes

Two wheels and sometimes one, on the tarmac

1. 2008 C1KC

What a day! Where to Start???

After the successful day last year in which we ended up with 19 riders and lot's of positive feedback, we thought about what had gone right and wrong in order to improve the event and over a period of time, thought about interesting prospects for this years route.

In the end, we decided that SH43, or the Forgotten Highway should be the focus of the ride and then it was a matter of filling in 1000Kms, getting there and back on roads that ...
    Categories
    Sport/Road Bikes
  2. The Mini’s Return...9 Days of Biker Bliss!

When this run was advertised in Feb/March 07, I, like many, thought it would be a good way to kill a few K’s, however, I did nothing at the time and although my intentions to participate fluctuated, my interest in the event never faltered and I keenly kept an eye on any info about it…..That is until Malcolm (Jantar), posted on KiwiBiker that he needed to sell his entry due to health problems. Well, being a ‘Good Samaritan’ and all, I now had all the justification I needed and promptly set about ...
    Categories
    Sport/Road Bikes
  3. Big Tank + Hard Arse = 2100Kms in 24 hours!

Thanks to a big tank capable of 400+Kms at uneconomic speeds and a hard arse to endure 22˝ hours in the saddle at those speeds…I completed the RNGC 1000 mile ride plus 500km extension. That’s 2100Kms to mark the 21st anniversary of the event.

After last year's GC I was elated to finish in 21 hours and keen to make it an annual pilgrimage. I found I was even more motivated after starring in and viewing the DVD of last year's event and when Lee advised of the extension to mark the 21st ...
    Categories
    Sport/Road Bikes