View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. All packed up

I'm locked, I'm loaded and i wish I had had a decent nights sleep. Heading off to Wanganui to play pit bitch for the day then off to Taupo for my break from it all. Yea-ha. Test rode the bucket last night and seems all good. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. in theory each race should last 10-12 minutes so there should be too much trouble. The new clip handlebars made a huge difference in handling, hopefully no more painful wrists. See you on the other side
  2. Here We Go

Today's the big day. First time out on the track since doing the mods. Very exiting and nervous.
  3. The development of ZENSEN continued

It is finally happening to come together. I had a play with the fuel mapping today setting it up as recommended from a friendly member at another website.

i also had a play with the gear changer again. one of the connecting bolts was too long, allowing for too much movement. When changing gears so when changing down to first gear (which involves a fraction more movement than when changing down to other gears) there had been too much movement, stopping the gear change. I need to get ...
  4. She ridable.

It worked. Now needs a really good tuning and all will be SWEET. Have a look at this for proof;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYAX_5wKV14
  5. SHE'S ALIVE ha ha ha

Engine's running.

Couple of things to remember for next time;
    Make sure I check I have put all the parts back and in the right order. Having such spares are not a good idea.

Don't be surprised if you customize parts they won't fit when you something this amount they won't fit.

I'm happy though. The engine pretty much fired up straight away. With any luck I will be able to ride the bike tomorrow.
  6. what a shitter

Realized after fitting most of the parts I'll have to take the engine out to replace one of the cam chain runners.