View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Sad times

Today we mourn the passing of a well known, but often misunderstood, old friend. His name... COMMON SENSE !!!! He has been with us for many years. Nobody knows for sure, as his personal records were lost long ago, in bureaucratic red tape.
    He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as getting off your bike AFTER you stop. NOT BEFORE. And speed doesn't kill... stupid mistakes DO !!!
    Common sense lived by simple, but sound, financial policies (dont spend ...
    Categories
    Survival Skills
  2. On Any Sunday

Today was my 1st ride for about 3 weeks as we went to Melbourne for the 1st week of the Aussy Tennis Open. I'm not really a tennis fan but Nanny Ann is and I guess the top echelons of any sport are worth watching...although I did keep a book handy, just in case.

After reading banditRider's Blog yesterday and being reminded that the Chateau to Plateau was on today, I considered joining that ride but it would have meant having a 1,000Km day, and as the bike wasn't really prepared with ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. Homeward bound

Well this will be my last blog entry from Japan. I'm on the plane in a few hours, and as you can see from the pic some things have already begun the journey...
    My stuff will arrive in mid February, and once it's certified and I have some wheels under me I will be making the most of the remaining summer. Hope to meet up with some of you sometime.
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. Scooching

One of my closest friends said I have scooteritis.
    And yes I did but its evolving - even after coming off in October.
    Whether it be a moped or sport/tourer, coming off still requires the same stuff - helmet, gloves, boots, jacket and at least your denims (around town).
    My scoot only had some cosmetic damage - very repairable - and I had some kumara bruising but I am pleased I had my first real road fall at only 30-40km/ph.
    A few days later I made sure I got back on - ...
  5. yamaha rd350lc

hey i am looking for a yamaha rd350lc if anybody knows of one for sale then could they let me know as i have been looking for a while now. condition does not matter. cheers
    Categories
    Sport/Road Bikes
  6. Happy Birthday Bike & a Ridey New Year

I had three small rides this week.

After work on Monday, I felt the urge for a wee blat so I rode over the Paekak' Hill, then continued up to Waikanae in order to sample the Akatarawa Rd, which I haven't been over on a bike, and haven't driven over for many years. I figured that New Years Eve would be pretty quiet and therefore I should encounter very little traffic, but it was certainly an odd ride. I found the road was so narrow that if I encountered a 4WD coming the other way there ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. Saturday 5th Ride Report

When > Sat 5th
    Where > Wairarapa Back Roads
    Who > Dingoz - Fire351 - Mowgli - Bull - Mark - BuckBuckNo1

Bikes > 3 x Hyosungs - 1 x Aprilia - 2 x Honda's

Well the call went out for any interested parties for a ride on the 5th.

Those that didn't go to the track, came out for a great days ride.

Check out the link of route taken.. http://www.quikmaps.com/show/53063

The day dawned a cracker and the ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Various test ride impressions

Well it's been a while since I blogged. The last few months have been getting colder, havent done much distance riding. The 'family' has grown by three more bikes in that time though, and in the process I did a few test rides.

TMAX - ok it's a scooter, but performs pretty well. I tried a new one from a dealer. I was a little disappointed, maybe because I had seen too many youtube vids where the acceleration from zero is very good, or ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast