View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Living with a Ninja! Ninja Therapy...

Finally enough of a good day to take the bike out for a spin last Sunday. Great weather.

Went to a place here called Hockley Valley, about the only place you can find good twisty roads. Not like what you have in NZ but it suffices. I haven't really done any twisties with this new bike and I was looking forward to it.

A bit leary at times the accident of 2006 still engrained in my mind it happened on a turn in the road.

Anyway, I did it and I let the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Who causes the most crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    And btw, suggesting that there is no leading cause is nothing short of burying your head in the sand.
    No, it's nothing short of recognising that there is no single cause of the majority of crashes, and even when there is an acknowledged cause, that other issues influenced the crash. For example, last year I was involved in a fatal where a guy binned his bike. The stated cause was rider inattention, but I know from having watched the whole thing unfold in front of me that there were ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. L Plates - They're just a sign

The topic of L Plates comes up frequently, predominately about weather complying with the learner licence conditions and using the L plate increase the danger of the rider on the road.

The best place to start is by considering why we have L plates, and what they aim to do.

When the majority of people first start riding a motorcycle they will have little or no machine handling skills. This includes basic but critical abilities such as counter-steering, emergency braking, ...
  4. For Aunty KP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Baby instructions.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	512.6 KB 
ID:	214097

Ok I so dislike adding attachments hehe Ok I'm a dumb ass
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Mid Winters Ride North To Cape Reinga PT4

t was a little more difficult for me on the Harley, as every time I tried a little lane splitting, I could feel the tension rising in my pillion…. I have tried pushing her through this sort of thing before on the M109R I use to have…. only to have her avoiding the rides altogether till I got this new Softail.

On the northern side of the Brynderwyns we had a whole bunch of sportys (non Cruiser Styled Motorcycles) come up behind us, so I pulled over and let them go… their high revving ...
  6. Mid Winters Ride North To Cape Reinga PT3

Rising early on Sunday Morning it was on with the TV to watch Germany Play off with Uruguay for 3rd and 4th in the Soccer World Cup…. which has been a pleasant warm up for the real deal next years Rugby World Cup…

After a coffee or 2 I was loading the K-Drive removable bags and ensuring all the helmet coms and cellphones were all charged, we would be riding all the way back down country to Hamilton today.

All coffeed up and loosing interest in the soccer game I took ...

Updated 26th July 2010 at 21:52 by PegLeg (spelling)

Categories
    Touring NZ , General Bike Ravings , Hogs and other cruisers , Touring & The Bikes You Use
  7. 1964 Triumph T120 restoration

Quote Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
    Hi all,
    I am well underway on a restoration of the 64 bonnie which i have been meaning to get stuck into for some time now but there has always been other things to do and has gone on the back burner for the last 10 years. (the run down old house we brought may have had somthing to do with it)
    It started its life with me as a 64 but had some bad mods which were not that bad looking back but i like things to be right and a 71 front end and t140 rear wheel just didnt cut it so off they
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bonnie3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	213509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bonnie-1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	213510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bonnie-2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	213511  
  8. WFactor Racing RG150 Round Three

WFactor Racing RG150 Round Three

We all loaded up the van and headed up to Feilding for the track day early Friday morning. One way to def get to know your team mates is to all 3 of you sit in the front of a van for 2 hours!! Was good times. Pretty sure I've done my stint in the middle now though and am looking forward to having the window seat next time!! Thanks Chrissie

The track day was great!! Blue sky and no wind. Got a lot of laps in and learnt a whole ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast