View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Day 2 - Part 1 - Dubrovnik, Croatia

We wake up early in the morning before the rest of the camp stirs so we have time to walk down to the beach. We head out and when we get there we have the whole beach to ourselves! The water was clear, and I could stand with it up to my waste and watch the little fish swim by. However, it was as clear as it was salty! I get out and no sooner then I start to dry off does my skin start to itch due to the salt!

We all head back to the camp, take showers, and pack up to head out ...
  2. Round The Bays

This weeks ride was scheduled as a Wellington Scenic Round-the-Bays, which is a bit dry as far as rides go but provides a bit of variation and is a relaxed social ride.

My gear was getting a bit stinky so I gave it wash on Friday night then Mike rang me on Saturday to see if I could take a pillion and as Ann was busy, I agreed and got away from home at 0840 to swing by Whitby to meet them. That meant we were early enough for a quick blat over the hill and back before the ride. By ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. Pamela's Last Points Race

by , 22nd September 2008 at 10:13 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudes View Post
    So.... last points round of the season, Pammy had her rear taped from the last round where we'd had ourselves a close encounter with the ground and we were sitting in third position on the points table behind two people that wouldn't be racing in the last round, but we were closely followed by some faster folks who were coming, and we don't have a good record of finishing with many points, just finishing was always my motto.
    So I didn't really have high hopes for placing well in the final
  4. my god what a difference

Fitted a new carb a couple of days ago and my god what a huge difference. i finally got around to finishing a flange I had made so I could fit an AG100 carb onto a 2 seater Rg50 a finally woke up to the fact that this would be a much better thing for racing. i mean talk about a real 'Doh' moment of a Young Einstein. Any way fitted it and now the bike is starting to turn into a little rocket I hope Wanizame would be. Now to find a late model CR125 frame or something similar.
  5. Road to Albania Day 1 Croatia

Day 1 Croatia

We leave Prague early in the morning, fresh and ready to go! After a 22 hours train ride we arrive in Croatia and sunrise with a beautiful view of Split.

[/url]

6. Time to Weather a New Set of Storms

Nanny Ann bought a Spa Pool last week which was delivered on Monday. I wasn’t that keen and when I realized I would have paint the house starting at that part, I was even less impressed. (I did buy the paint last October but!......I’ve just had too many K’s to do!) Anyway, the pool was delivered Monday but had to be leveled, which was done Tuesday and I went in for a brief, only to find that to own a spa you need to be a chemist as well as a janitor……wow, and I had the privilege of paying for all ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. water in cylinders?!

i bought a 1986 gsxr750 to replace my poor lost TL (i know some of you may think thats a step backwards but its 190kg with 100bhp at the back wheel, i'm not complaining), and its been going great till just a couple days ago. well pretty much yesterday though sunday was a little glitchy. feels like its running on 3 cylinders, maybe even two sometimes, pulled out sparkplugs yesterday, they're brand new. mechanic mate said, might be distributor leads but i'm hoping its not cos it turns out they're ...
  8. Let it ride

8 days ago I took the bike out for a days racing and it actually ran the whole time. So Wanizame is running, dressed but needs a lot of work still. I finally have the flange for fitting a modified AG100 carb and am toying with the idea of changing the exhaust.
    George