View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Archieved post of mine. I likes the way it reads :P

eek Weirdos

Woke up 6am on Sunday morning to find My Madas 125 and my flatties Gsx laying on thier sides exactly a semi circle from where they were (between a car and a fence, both with steering locks on)

No damage to either bike (IGN/locks etc) and they we're laid over VERY carefully on our gravel driveway\parking area. So carefully that there wasn't a single knick, scrape or dib from the gravel.
    Wtf

Cmon you half arsed crims. ...
    Tags: weird
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Riding around Europe Post 4 Pamplona to Santiago De Compostela

Who ever wrote the song about sunny Spain had never travelled their Atlantic coast in late May. I have had virtually all four seasons . This is not a whinge about the weather , just an observation.

I stayed in Pamplona two days and on my last night I witnessed the most fantastic electrical storm I had seen in decades. Huge sheets of lightning, illuminating the backdrop of the Pyrenees. Then darkness as a huge rain front approached. I double pegged my tent and ran extra ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. On The Road Again

by , 30th May 2011 at 22:24 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    Leading into winter this week, I have a smile on my face....just purchased a mint Suzuki GSR600.
    Won't be riding much at all through this winter, still playing golf (go figure??)
    But really looking forward to next spring.

And this song came to mind - Willie Nelson singing...

On the road again -
    Just can't wait to get on the road again.
    The life I love is making music with my friends

And I can't wait to get on the road
    Categories
    Personal entry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR and Leathers.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	240107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR and Sydney Moon.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	240106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR Front Left Profile.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	240081   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR Futuristic Eye.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	240082   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR and Cog.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	240085   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSR My Kinda Town.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	240087  
  4. Martinborough Wind Farm

What a great day for a ride, so it’s not surprising that we had 30 bikes turn up for the Uly ride to the Martinborough Wind Farm.

I’d checked the tyres yesterday and put a little in the rear, so this morning I just needed to stow my gear on the bike and leave, pootling to Rimutaka to fill-up before meeting at Brown Owl. The temp did dip to 5º so I pulled the glove liners out when I got to Brown Owl, checked the right ear plug as the sounds didn’t seem to be working too well, took ...

Name:	060.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	245.4 KB 
ID:	239789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	062.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	239788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	055.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	239787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	070.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	220.1 KB 
ID:	239784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	066.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	239785   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	069.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	239786  
  5. Riding around Europe Post 3

I write this from Pamplona, Spain having travelled 3500 km since I picked up the V strom 650 on May 9. If I can be a little emotional: the bike is sweet- nimble with good mid torque range and frugal at 24/25km per litre. So far I would say it is smoother than the V Strom 1000 I ride in New Zealand
    Two days later I headed north to the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham. I arrived in the middle of the new Honda Crossfire launch and with the only parking available in the middle ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. 6F done and passed!

So I finally got my ass into gear a couple of weeks ago and booked my 6F. The waiting game started and today I turned up to sit it!

Like most tests, I was extremely nervous and the weather wasn't making it any easier!

Woke up this morning, looked out the window, it was wet. No rain at that point, I could cope with that. So after dropping of the daughter at preschool, I jumped on the bike and headed to the test centre. That's when the nerves really kicked in.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Turning a flash BMW into a Harley! (21/05/2011)

You're going to have to see the attached pictures to figure out how that magic in the title happened

Last weekend was crating time. After some rather frantic work to get the bike ready (see previous blog), with tyres, service and electrical issues, I knocked off work on Friday a little earlier around 7pm. The evening was consumed with planning what gear I would be taking to the USA, and therefore, what needed to travel with the bike now, and what I would take in July, via plane. ...
    Categories
    Riding!

Name:	DSC00366.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	239627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00365.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	239626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00367.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	239628   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00368.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	239629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00370.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	239630  
  8. Carl Van der Meer crash ?

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    I was there, saw the whole thing.

You can either PM me, or I can post it here.
    Choice. PM'd yo.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast