View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Riding around Europe

In early May I leave the mild winter of the Coromandel to spend three months riding my motorbike around Europe.

My route will take me from the UK, through the D Day beaches, down the Atlantic coasts of France and Spain, then Portugal. In mid June I will spend a week or so with friends in Spain, then it is off along the Med Coast to the sights of Italy, ferry to Greece , then through the Dalmatian coast , across to Austria, Czech Republic , Poland then up to the Baltic states . ...
  2. THe long road to recovery becomes a short jump to success.

Last Sunday here in Wellington we had the 2nd round of King of Kaitoke. I got a two seconds and a fourth (a bolt in my gear change mechanism broke leaving me stuck in fourth gear).

it was nice to do well but feel a bit bruised and battered from some of the comments people are making about lines and passing. The hard part in all of it is I really have no clue when it comes to the lines one should take. I lost a lot of confidence last year where I was totally out classed by the other ...
  3. Paeroa 2011 (19/02/2011)

Once again, I was marshalling for Paeroa, which means an early start Sunday, so the accommodation is sorted for officials, marshals etc. This year, same as the last, accommodation was Thames. They were happy to have us last year, and presumably having their motel booked out for a night appeals to them.

Ange had asked to have a go on the BMW, so I took her down on Saturday. As is Gremlin’s way, we left late, departing Auckland at only 2pm. Ange needed to be in Thames to give the accommodation ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00308.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	233575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00311.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	233576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00313.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	233577  
  4. Fun in the sun!! - Paeroa Battle of the Streets

Paeroa was one of the reasons that I started racing. I told my wife that I wanted to do Paeroa (and maybe Wanganui) and that was the justification for doing other race meetings (rules say you have to do at least 3 track events to be eligable for the Streets).

Because of the tight time constraints with a Street Race, sign-in and scrutineering for Paeroa are on the Saturday so that Sunday morning it's straight into the riding as early as possible.

I ...
  5. AZ50 Scooter

Hi, Can any one tell me where the battery compartment is on my AZ50 Suzuki scooter, would much appreciate. Cheers Klinky
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Picture Of The Month

How do I submit a picture?
    Pictures need to be in a publicly accessible album. Go to full image view for the submit picture to POTM link.
    You can submit up to 3 images.
    If you have changed album privacy settings in Settings -> Profile Privacy to anything other than "Everyone" or "Registered members", you pictures will not be seen.

What type of pictures can I submit?
    The picture must be motorbike related in some way.
    You must have taken the photo ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. An Average Ride

Counting down the last two weeks to the TT and this week I went on the Uly Ride to Apiti, combining it with my last prep’ ride. My plan was to ride with the group to the Pilgrims Rest , on Pohangina Valley East Rd, but then continue riding instead of stopping for lunch, focusing on maintaining a good average pace, whilst generally riding economically and within the prescribed tolerances, so as not top get pinged.

I did the usual ride prep of tyres, clean (& polish for a change), prepared ...
  8. Aye Carumba - Bike Rider Magazine Summer Series - PMCC Round 3

Racing can be a total bitch sometimes.

Saturday was the practice day so the wife and I headed down to Taupo so I could make certain that the bike was fine and that I was in the right frame of mind.

Pretty much as soon as I got there I caught up with Lewis who was sorting out a pit shed. I was keen go to halves so I parked up beside his vehicle. Sign in and scrutineering were a breeze so I got the bike on the tyre warmers and went for a wander.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast