View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Honda Rider Development Day Manfeild 26Sept

Quote Originally Posted by BuckBuckNo1 View Post
    Having only started riding in May 2006, and now 28,000km later, the opportunity to get out on the track....[email extract]

Hello the two Robs

Thank you both for a very very enjoyable day out there at Manfeild yesterday.

Being my first time on the track was awesome, and provided another perspective of my riding technique and also the capacity of the bike. Technique: through the day I was able to focus on turn approaches, braking and counter steering –
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Big thank you to nudemetalz

NM came over this afternoon and we dismantled the front end.

Everything came apart OKish and there were only a couple of things that ended up burred due to age and corrosion.

The fork seals were indescribable. Even the circlips were corroded and the fork "oil" was a light grey coloured mud. There was also significantly more than 150mls per fork leg too, more like 400mls per fork leg. The dust seals had turned to concrete as well and looked like someone had tried to
  3. Katana 400 intervention begins

I've taken the fairing, tank, and front guard off in preparation for painting. The condition of the plastic and rubbers tends to support the mileage, but it looks like it has been stored near the sea at some point. I'm going to rip the front subframe off tomorrow and send that off for powder coating, as well as the fork brace and the bracket that holds the front centre of the fairing together.

I'll need to do brake lines as the banjos are knackered (the new lines will have stainless
  4. Rides, Pix & Demerits!

Two weeks of not much riding, but it's been quite eventful.

A couple of us were talking on Tuesday of last week about going down to Blenheim for the 'Longest Day' 1000km endurance ride on 3 November when I suggested, “Why bother with the Ferry, we can organise our own ride”. The next day I had established several route options, but on that day, my mate Steve came to grief when his 'Busa decided it didn't like p-gravel.

He wasn't going to be much help (and it put him ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. motogp

Has anyone received their tickets for Phillip Is MotoGP?
    We purchased them through Ticketek NZ and havent received them yet.
    Only 3 weeks to go.They had better not have stuffed it up.
  6. MotoGP

Has anyone received their tickets to Phillip Is Moto GP?
    We purchased them from Ticketek NZ ages ago and havent received them yet.
    They say the tickets are still to be sent out.
    Only 3 weeks to go.Hope they get their act together.
  7. Gear list

I'm working in a new office with a door that doesn't lock. Makes me nervous about leaving my gear here when I go out for lunch-meetings-whatever.

Here's a description of the gear I usually wear to work in case the worst happens and it goes walkabout...

Helmet: HJC CS-12, black with tinted visor
    Gloves: Spool size 8, black leather
    Trousers: Dririder Nordic 4, black
    Jacket: Spidi On Track, navy blue with silver/black winter liner
    Boots: ...
  8. Belated update

I'm not very good at this blogging thing. All kinds of momentous stuff has happened since my last entry and I haven't bothered to blog it. Things like:

• Got hit by a car in May, I had concussion and a fractured rib. Volty was written off by the insurance company! I bought her back, fixed her up and she's back on the road again with few clues to her adventure.

• In July I did my 6R test and passed - no more L plate! Since then I've been allowed to do more than 70kph
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast