Blog Comments

Good luck, try not to stay awake during the proceedings.
    Quote Originally Posted by madbikeboy
    Hi there, don't be cynical yet - what I'd recommend to you is that you find a KB Mentor in your area and get some support with getting on the road with your new bike. You'll enjoy the experience more with help. As for choice of bike, it's not really all that critical for your first one - just make sure you invest good money in the best helmet and clothes possible.
    Good Advice MadbikeBoy - I've already got the Helmet & Jacket - in the market for the boots Gloves & trousers (will be a weekend job).

Thanks for your encouragement, I have a couple of experienced biker mates who have been assisting me.
    Hi there, don't be cynical yet - what I'd recommend to you is that you find a KB Mentor in your area and get some support with getting on the road with your new bike. You'll enjoy the experience more with help. As for choice of bike, it's not really all that critical for your first one - just make sure you invest good money in the best helmet and clothes possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo89
    don't rule out the 4 cylinders unless you have tried them and don't like them... most of em are a heap of fun and will keep you happy for the licensing period. good luck on the search.
    Of the 4 cylinder machines I were looking at Zeal & Balius they were out of my price range for the year I wanted (sub Y2K) & did feel a more of a step up than I wanted from my GAS Econo-mee days (3 years ago now).
    You never know 2 years down the line though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyer
    Excellent bike. Did you buy one yet?
    Red 58 is being delivered tonight - cos I've not the confidence to ride it here myself
    Hey, Iv been riding a whole 3 months now ! still not binned it either :-) although I'v come close a few times. Know how you feel about being new to it all, I have a 89 GPX250 that I reckon is a great learner machine. it has plenty enough to get me into trouble and is also tons of fun (I don't think its too slow) Have fun on KB, its a madhouse of non PCness ! punctuated by nuggets of useful information.
    don't rule out the 4 cylinders unless you have tried them and don't like them... most of em are a heap of fun and will keep you happy for the licensing period. good luck on the search.
    Mmmmm...the Mangamuka Gorge! I love it. Good read.
    Quote Originally Posted by shafty
    Nice ride up nice write up.

How is the Big 3 in the wet? Dosn't get twitchy with all that grunt?
    I used to ride a VTX1300 and that was a very twitchy bike. The R3T is much more solid in the wet and hardly slips at all. I have to be a bit easy on the throttle though
    Excellent bike. Did you buy one yet?
    Nice ride up nice write up.

How is the Big 3 in the wet? Dosn't get twitchy with all that grunt?
    Great write up Rob
    For those of you that used the superglue that came with the grips to stick them on - I've since found out that plain acetone removes the superglue. So if you need to remove grips that have been superglued on, just squirt some acetone in. Apparently takes about 30s to break the superglue down.
    Nice write-up Scottie, we hope to be there for the next one. At least TC was there flying the flag for the C109's
    Good Blog Rob. Was a good weekend even if we did have some crap weather.
    Next time we will have finer weather and I will have a pillion.
    What a fantastic weekend, loved it and the weather on Saturday was fantastic. Well organised Scottie , great company and well ridden.
    All the best for the operation, it will be worth it.
    Cool explanation, I decided to wire mine to the ignition so that they only work when the key is on. Had a mate who's battery kept draining and running flat and wanted an easy solution and easy use. I like the Oxford console, it fits discretely out of the way out of direct sight.
    I do like the one on my mates BMW better, the switch system is way more convenient. Just dont like BMW's lol.
    Yeah I second the grip glue. They are not indestructable, eventually they'll wear out. Ever tried removing a set of hot grips that are superglued on? New throttle tube time... Also pays to double check clutch / brake lever and throttle movement before gluing the grips in place (you obviously did this but for those who don't think of these things...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom
    Just imagine how well you are going to feel once that valve functions as it was designed to do. I am picking you will not know yourself.
    That's what I'm hoping, and what others who've had the surgery (such as Winston) have told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom
    Best you teach the vifferbabe how to log on to here to let us know how you are until you are well enough to do it for yourself. I am currently researching some screamingly funny jokes to share with you in the early days of your recovery after surgery
    Ummm... just give me some time to recover - I don't think I'll enjoy any gut-bustingly or rib-ticklingly funny jokes till the wounds have healed....