View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. P.R.I.S.M promotion ACC Action

2. Classic Bike Day

HOLLY COW.. what an experience thursday night was... wind, rain, dark, and inexperienced = one shit scared learner... made it home safe, but don't think I will do that again any time soon...

on a better note...

got my 12 yr old on the back today (of his bike)... and went to the classics, awesome day!!!

And thunders storms due tomorrow... who would have guessed!!! sigh
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Keen for a small group to ride through Maraetai

Hi there. I'm only vaguely familiar with this site. Only used it a little bit. Just wondering if there is anyone keen to go out for a social ride to Maraetai / Miranda on Monday 26th Oct in the morning (I think its meant to rain afternoon) I'm newly single & keen to get out & meet new people socially. I'm 27 & have a Ninja 250. I have checked out the section that shows group rides, but wondered if there would be huge groups doing it & it sounds like long trips. I'm only keen ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Nelson protest ride

Great turnout today in nelson, over 500 bikes, TVNZ coverage and plenty of reporters etc.
    Good feeling from the public, plenty cheering from the sidelines. Onlookers said it took about 10mins for us all to come past!
    Disappointing response from the police, no presence at all, no traffic control so we were forced to swamp the intersections. Other motorists seemed pretty sympathetic and waited patently.

End result of meeting with Nick Smith is that he says levies ...
    Tags: acc, nelson, protest
    Categories
    General Bike Ravings
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHTO0026.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	498.9 KB 
ID:	188581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHTO0027.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	541.2 KB 
ID:	188582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHTO0020.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	506.3 KB 
ID:	188583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHTO0016.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	535.5 KB 
ID:	188584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHTO0022.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	508.0 KB 
ID:	188585  
  5. Disassembly is complete

Thursday night we cruised around to Brent's place again and did a little bit more. We pretty much just finished off opening the engine up and figuring out what was broken.

After flipping the engine upside down we got the sump off and found nothing surprising. The gears in the gearbox were all perfect with no wear of the surface hardening. We couldn't find any sort of residues or bits of things floating around and everything looked like it's an engine that hasn't done all that many ...
  6. 2009 Grand Challenge

Better late than never they say... so I should probably take a little time out to write up my take on the 2009 Grand Challenge.

Last year, the KTM was 3 weeks old, with the run in and a few parts fitted in a rushed stressed fashion. GPS had been barely used, and it showed during route planning. Promises were made to myself to know this much better when the 09 came around.

True to my pedantic self, I had done more than 20,000km on the GPS since 2008 GC, and knew it muuuch ...
  7. 2009 Grand Challenge

Friday afternoon 3pm
    Bloody Rusties... "See you on Saturday" they said. "No" I said. But then I thought about it and well, I did promise myself a treat for the 200km / day commute.
    With my bike gear soaked after the ride in to work and a new set of wets to test out the inner turmoil reaches fever pitch. Realising I don't have a phone number for any of the Rusties at the GC I call the motor camp somehow the phone goes to the kitchen, a good place to start!

Friday 8:30pm ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Video logging or pictorial scribings upon one's random meanderings

Well the other day I finally got convinced by zeocen to try and implement this infernal contraption called a POV 1.5 camera video. After much tooing and froing to acquire small velcro dots to affix aforementioned device to one's external cranium protector, I managed to evince a passable attempt to mount it and tootled melodiously on my way.

I rode over hill and dale, over the hills and far away, around some bends, wafted around some corners and pootled with gusto on the other bits. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized