View RSS Feed

Hiflyer

Hooked on Buckets?

Rate this Entry
I’ve got to be honest, I am getting quite hooked on the idea of Bucket racing!

I will be heading out to the non championship round at Mt Wellington on 18/19 of December to have a look and maybe even have a go if I can source all the required gear in time. (Cheers Henk!)

What lead to this decision? Well a workmate and I were tossing the idea around at lunch and it got me thinking. . . The roads are too dangerous to try and get any real excitement and adrenaline out of them and the cost of tickets would mount up quickly. I trust my own ability and common sense not to push it to a point where I can’t control the bike, but I don’t trust others and I don’t trust the condition that some of our roads are in. Some roads are terrible and some are lovely though.

And there’s nothing like riding a bike down your favourite windy road, your in “me Town”, population – 1. Just you, your bike and the scenery! But it can be a lonely task at times, so people get together and go on rides in groups. Riding in groups is a lot of fun, but to me, it has a lot of dangers (might be preaching to the preachers here but bear with me, I’ll get to the point). When you ride with groups, sometimes people get sucked into trying to keep up with the guy in front etc etc and that’s where it gets dangerous and sometimes ends badly.

So what better idea than to get together with a group of likeminded people and have a blast going round a track in a safe environment. From what I can see here, it’s a close knit group who love to help each other out and even just expressing my interest got a heap of replies and people trying to help me out.
From what I’ve seen it’s a great opportunity to not onlybecome a more skilled rider but also a more skilled mechanic and I love the idea of personalising my own race bike.

I’m sure it’ll be a blast and there’s no harm in trying!!

So what I need to sort out:

-A pair of leather pants that zip to my jacket

-Back protector

-Bike (kind of important I know, but don’t need it for the non points round)

So off I go to acquire these items.

Oh and of course get the permission from the missus…

Wish me luck!

Submit "Hooked on Buckets?" to Digg Submit "Hooked on Buckets?" to del.icio.us Submit "Hooked on Buckets?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hooked on Buckets?" to Google Submit "Hooked on Buckets?" to reddit Submit "Hooked on Buckets?" to Facebook

Comments

Great to read about your enthusiasm. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I have.