View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. What a way to spend Christmas Day.

Yesterday was a complete bust when it came to my bucket. I couldn't ask for a better day for working on Zensen. Suns out, next to no wind, warm and I even manage to get some sleep last night. So far have got the head torqued back down. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to finish her up, couple hours to pack, finishing up with Pizza and coke. THen up at 4am to drive to Wanganui. Help Geoff for gthe day then head to Taupo.
  2. What sort of headlamps does a Honda CBR 250r MC19 1989 use?

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
    Depends on model. Is it this one?

"CBR250RR(L, N or R) Turbo – Private owner, rumoured to still be

in Japan. Blow-through system instead of EFI. Power expected around the 92BHP at the rear wheel, with modified engine internals."

try here for stsrters
    Nope its 250R (not an RR) mc19 (not an MC22)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. What to do a car!!!!

Scenario
    Get given a car...thinking of using it to save the M/C from everyday use and keep km's down. Take her for a warrant and it FAILS...Rust!!! Suspension!!! and everything else!!!
    So what do you do??

Well here is what i did, with the help and ideas from longwheely, stevewedrell...awesome paint work dont u think!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	derbyafterpaint.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	226945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flag.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	226946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	derbyb4.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	226947

Roll on Boxing Day...Ramp race derby!!!! ...

Updated 24th December 2010 at 12:31 by been_there (typo)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Quickie Christmas present

It's 2 days until Christmas and I'm still stuck for a present for my parents. So, I'm looking through some digital photos I've got on my computer and come across one that looks great. I sudden have a brainstorm and pull it up in Photoshop and add a bit of text. Saving it to a USB key drive I shoot across the road to the Hazelwood Copy Shop and talk to them. Shortly after, I have a fantastic Christmas present - an A2 sized poster/photo for my parents.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poster-1024x.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	226911 ...
  5. Test Ride: 2010 R1200GS (21/12/2010)

11am, Tuesday morning. Amazingly, its not raining. I say this because the last couple of days have been utter shite, storm like rain bringing down trees etc.

It's handy its not raining, as I've popped along to Experience Motorcycles in Kingsland to test ride their 2010 R1200GS demo, as arranged on Saturday, when I had a little Q&A session with them. Of course, no test ride is complete without taking along someone completely insane, to make you appear normal, so I brought along the ...
  6. Getting there like a turtle

The clip on handlebars arrived finally. I still need to drill the holes for the controls. I have been surprised that the clip ons aren't going to hit the fairing, much to might delight. I got them from faddybike. While being at the more expensive end of the Thai parts suppliers, the quality so far has been very high.

Oh well back to garage...
  7. First ride on a Jap Bike

It looked innocent enought, sitting there in the blokes driveway with a for sale sign on it. Shiny green tank, upswept pipe,badges all over it. Suzuki Stinger they proclaimed so I asked if I could take it for a ride. "Ever riden a two stroke?'' he asked. "Sure" I replied "Just sold my B.S.A Bantam. 175" I emphasized looking disdainfully at the 125 badge. "Okay, take it easy" he said and wheeled it to the road, started it and pointed me in the right direction. With youthful confidence I cracked the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Ponderin ones navel

I'm still having issues with over heating. I have also installed a PC Autotune so I can see what the AFR is doing and found the bike was running down to 10.3-1, which was way to rich for the bike. By leaning this off should help with over heating issues. I'm also going to replace the coolant with a better mix and try running a synthetic oil.