View RSS Feed

tamarillo

1. Nelson to Picton to Kaikoura to St Arnoud to Kawatiri and back to Nelson.

Nelson to Picton to Kaikoura to St Arnoud to Kawatiri and back to Nelson.

I rode through to Kaikoura on Saturday (can recommend Lyell Creek Lodge backpackers) and so on Sunday morning rode back to Renwick up the Wairau River and up to Kawatiri. Met some others and went to St Arnoud for a coffee and cake.
    Jeff and Paul being keen adventure riders admonished me for being so scared of dirt and tried to tell me I would be a better rider if I got a dirt bike! Huh!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. long way home..

Last Sunday rides – started with Ulysses ride through Motuere to Source of Riwaka and down to Motueka for lunch but that just was not enough so left them there and headed up to Tapawera then back down through Golden Downs.
    Still need long way home so headed through to St Arnoud/Nelson Lakes road and headed up hill again.
    Got most of way to Lakes when clouds loomed so headed back towards Nelson. Joined 2 sports bikes but could not/would not corner at their speed so let them pass and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. When you just wanna ride

After last weeknds rides it has been horrible being out of town this week - and cannot ride now as my little fella is with me...roll on weekend!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. raining today - wanna ride new toy

Picked up my ‘new’ 1996 Trophy 900 weekend last. First ride with the lads in the rain, sweeping roads to Tophouse for lunch. Big fairing so comfy and warm. And terrified!
    Bike won’t turn right properly, slipped at the rear – hey I wasn’t going fast. Then slipped at front – I want to get off now! Never been much for rain riding but over years got better and more confident. Learnt to be smooooth and accept tyres WILL grip. Not now. Seller said they were half worn so MUST BE OKAY. What have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized