View RSS Feed

Hogs and other cruisers

American, British, European and yes, even Japanese cruiser bikes

1. Tui Brewery - Pro-rider day - SH3

Sunday 9 May

Weather looking pretty good, have a good healthy breakfast, load the saddle bags up with plenty merino layers stuffed into plastic bags and head on out of town about noon time. Just before leaving I remember to call mum for mother's day, she's not there, so leave a message. Tank is already full of gas, but a quick stop at the garage to confirm tyre pressures and away we go. Smooth running down to Taupo, and plenty of bikes on the road. Many waving opportunities. Pull ...
  2. Hastings Farmers Market - Easter Sunday 2010

We met on the Paihiatua track turnoff at the Antiques shop - a Kawazaki er6n, two aquillas, two shadows, a trumpy and of course a harley, you can't really go anywhere in NZ without one of them showing up

We left just after 8am, and set off down highway 57 in dismal - need your wet weather gear - rain. By the time we hit the gorge the weather was looking a bit brighter, and the traffic was minimal. The gorge was fairly good this day (stuff-all grit on the road) and the Harley ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_04052010_East&#10.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	402.7 KB 
ID:	202958  
  3. The Catchup Coffee Run

The Catch up Coffee run

Well because I ended up doing this run on my own, the goal was to do this run in 2 days...

My route would take me through some of the most amazing motorcycling roads in the North Island, the run would be about the riding and not so much about sight seeing.

The morning broke fine the star fill sky filled with the promise of a great start to the day....

Honored and lucky enough to live in the Waikato, I was witness ...
  4. Winter Run to Reporoa

It was an awesome June morning... but then I new it would be.... its my favorite time of the year on the bike.... crisp frosty mornings leading on to awesome riding days.

I had 1pm appointment in Reporoa so I wanted to be on the road by 10.30 so I had heaps of time.

I turned up at the Bank Managers place to pick up Aliesha (Ali) 19 and gorgeous the BM's daughter and get on the road.

As seems to be the way I spent the next 45 minutes waiting to leave... ...

Updated 3rd March 2010 at 14:20 by PegLeg (lousy spelling)

Categories
    Touring NZ , General Bike Ravings , Sport/Road Bikes , Hogs and other cruisers , Touring & The Bikes You Use
  5. CHRISTCHURCH lookin for a couple of ppl to ride with

Hi guys and gals! I am a newbie at all this so hopefully it gets read! lol I have recently bought my first bike bigger than 250cc, a 2004 Suzuki GSF1200S Bandit! - my pride and joy! I live in Christchurch and I'm looking for a few people who are keen on goin for rides here and there, especially after work during the weekday. We are coming into daylight savings and is a perfect time to make the most of those late sun sets. Not keen on BIG groups so want to keep it small.
    If your keen to meet ...
  6. Here we go

not sure how these blogg things work so will just talk shit here for a bit and see what happens
  7. M50 Riders.

Hey guys. I need some help with some gear for my ride.
    Does anyone know of a sporty looking windsheild that might fit my bike.(M50). I want one thats more for looks than effect. Not to high, smoked for example. Ive been looking and looking but cant find find anything. Cheers
  8. The pipes.

Don't know if this is gonna work. I'm not the best at the computer shit. Anyway, hopefully, here is a pic of the new pipes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drag1.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	188447  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast