View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Stuck in Hell series

Stuck in Hell 6, Quoting Camus on Biker site...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems to me that others more fortunate in life seem to balance professional lives, personal lives, family lives; I seem to be able to manage only one at a time of the two available to me. I wrote the Stuck in Hell series (for those of you who care) when I was struggling with work balance, sitting in a Dilbert Cubicle hell with a stupid ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Happy Riding

Im happy to ride, and to ride any where any time.

Birthday is comming up so i have a whole day to ride.
    i am so looking forward to that.

My put a post up somewhere see if someone wants to join in
  3. weather

just got back from auckland,where it was so hot i almost hated putting on my bike gear.

now im back in the mainland im sitting by a roaring fire and cursing my cold feet!

never mind,trackday at Ruapuna tomorrow,really looking forward to getting the RG up to the kind of speeds she was designed for!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. I think my Volty has had a seizure (1 December 08)

Rode to Clevedon with some friends on Saturday. Volty ran perfectly well with no sign of trouble. Went to leave the Clevedon Cafe after stopping for coffee and Volty just went "clunk!" when I tried to start her up.

We first thought it might be the battery so tried starting her with the battery from another bike, with the same result.

My friend thought maybe the starter had seized, so we removed the starter motor and tried to push-start her. As soon as he let ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Thanks Mr White Van Man (29 Jan 09)

Yesterday I left work early to go to a job interview. When I went out to my bike the back tyre was flat. I rode carefully to the nearest petrol station (in Wairau Road, Glenfield) but as soon as I put air in I could hear it hissing out again! I went inside the station to use the phone book so I could call and explain to the interviewer why I couldn't get there (interview was downtown.) By now I was feeling a bit hot & flustered and not sure what to do next.

There were ...
  6. Motor-cycle club fined

An unusual case of Sunday trading affecting many sports bodies came before Mr S. L. Paterson, SM, in Hamilton yesterday, when the Hamilton Motor-Cycle Club (Inc.) (Mr N. I. Smith), admitted a charge of keeping open for transacting business on a Sunday.

Sub-inspector W. G. Bennett said that on Sunday, November 12, the club conducted a sports meeting at its stadium at Whatawhata and collected an entrance fee at the gates and sold programmes.

Mr Smith said the object of ...
    Tags: old news
    Categories
    General Bike Ravings
  7. Motor scooters are popular

Motor scooters are catching on. A few years ago, most New Zealanders looked on them as an expensive toy. Now as traffic congestion and parking problems grow, motor scooters are appearing in ever-increasing numbers.

Recently the Herald’s motoring correspondent had the chance of trying three makes of scooter – the Lambretta LD, Douglas Vespa and Zundapp Bella.

The Lambretta and Vespa have 125cc engines; the Zundapp is supplied with either a 150cc or 200cc unit. ...
    Tags: old news
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. 2008 Masters Games

As we won gold at the last NZ Masters Games in Wanganui (2007), we thought we better turn-up again this year to defend the title….not that one would have a realistic chance of defending a Poker Run result, but that’s not the point, there was a ride to be done!

We had registered just before the cut-off, booked ourselves in with Whanau, filled the bike and checked the tyre pressures the night before, and on Saturday 31/1 we cruised up to the Games HQ in Wanganui, arriving around lunch ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized