View RSS Feed

Shiny side up

1. 2013 Child cancer toy run Cambridge to Hamilton

It was the Cambridge to Hamilton Child cancer toy run this morning. I offered to take a friend of mine with me. She has a brain tumor and we never know if she has weeks or months left. She was VERY excited about having her first ride on a motorbike. As I went to leave to collect her the clutch cable on my bike snapped. No shops open etc.... I was just about in tears (don't tell anyone that) with disappointment for her. I made a comment on FB about it and next thing a friend turns up (from Eureka) ...
    Tags: toy run
    Categories
    General Bike Ravings
  2. A letter to a hit and run cage driver

From the Crash 7pm Tuesday 1/3/11
    When I saw you slowing down I thought here is one to watch for.
    When I saw you brake I thought what is the fool going to do, watch him closely. I then moved to be a bit further from you.
    When you started to turn I thought how can that idiot not know I'm here. My bike is noisy and my horn is going. How far is this clown going to go before he realises that he is about to cause a crash. I braked hard and leaned the bike over as far as it would ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hit and run cage driver busted

Last night (1/3/11 7pm) I got skittled off the old XJ550 by a cage driver that decided at the last moment the he HAD to do a right turn from the left lane. He braked sharply and swerved across just behind the car I was following. I saw what he was about to do just before he did it and laid the bike down to the right. The skid looks good. It was quite short and did an almost 90° turn. The moron in the car just kept coming. He tried to go around me instead of stopping so it became obvious that I was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized