View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Steampunk inspired veteran build

Been setting about converting the original carbide gas headlite to a 12 volt system
    Disemboweled a small jappa quartz halogen unit off a GSX-R & modified the old shells internals to suit
    One of my sons works at Metro Glasstech & scored me some fluted obscure glass that will do very nicely for a period style lens
    Also found a brass windscreen washer bottle off an old Brit sportscar that, once polished up, will fit the overall theme rather well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	151061630_full.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	224992   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steampunk headlite conv finished.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	225658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12v conversion bits.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	692.6 KB 
ID:	224991  
  2. steampunk inspired veteran build

As you'd expect, no self respecting Steampunk Adventurer & his trusty Velocipede would be without a gimball mounted brass compass/sundial combo....
    Heres what I got of Tardme recently,looks like shit now but I expect this will polish up rather nicely! .....'TO THE MAN CAVE!!!'.....& several hours later emerge with the recreated treasure in the pic.......then its on to adapting the sundial to the now polished gimball mount for a truly quasi Victorian Satnav System

Name:	gimball compass as bought.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	227032   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sundial compass as bought.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	225896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sundial & compasses parts.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	227030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compass sundial finished.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	227031  
  3. And here we went

Man I need to improve my riding and the bike needs work. The mods have done heaps with the bike a potential 43 sec lapper (I'm still getting there at 47 secs). Sketchy took the bike out and I am eternally grateful to him for doing so and giving me some great pointers.

Tonight though I have a garage which resembles one from Christchurch after the quake.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Short Persons Bike

Hi there, just realised it's been over a year since I've been on this site! Oops!!

Been riding a Honda VTR 250 for a couple years now...really looking to upgrade. Unfortunately, I'm only 5'2" and my current bike is probably the max height I could comfortably reach the ground on (even now I can't put both of my feet flat on the ground).

I prefer sports bikes...but wouldn't have a clue what bike's are suitable for a midget like me? Anyone out there have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Thompsons Bike Museum

I finally had an opportunity to clean the bike last weekend and was shocked to see that when I had the bags off, the left side of the rear tyre was smooth. The tyre only had 9,500 Kms on it and I had ordered a new one a couple of weeks earlier, but with a three week lead time and the expectation that I would get this weekend’s ride in, then change it on the 102,000Km service for the MDA ride next week…..Fat chance! But fortunately the shipment arrived and I was able to pre-empt the service, so come ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. First ride !

Well, where do i start i find me asking myself. After knowing this guy (Brendan) for barely a month we were talking about V twins as we are both owners of V twins at the moment, mine is due to land from the UK on 06/12/2010, his is a Motto Guzzi V1100, he dropped into the conversation with me and the Wife, " hey man if you fancy a ride at the weekend you can take mine out ". Talk about chilled out ! lol.
    As the only riding of the motorcycle variety that we have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized

Name:	carl and bitch.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	224603  
  7. Here We Go

Today's the big day. First time out on the track since doing the mods. Very exiting and nervous.
  8. All hail the mighty AX100 (Viet Nam 1)

Twenty four hours in Viet Nam have finally convinced me that yes, poppy the ax hundy IS a real bike after all. Here the streets are ruled by scooters, ranging from top of the line ones decked out with ‘Repsol Honda’ stickers to the scrappiest little buckets you could imagine. Some even have replica Yoshi systems to make their ‘bra braaa’ into more of a ‘brA brAAA’ (although it is still a ‘bra’ and has not yet graduated into being a ‘broom’). Poppy wouldreally be in her element on these streets, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized