View RSS Feed

Survival Skills

What is needed to stay alive on two wheels

1. AA ref ACC

Hi all

An email reply from the AA Policy and Advocacy Manager...
    .................................................. ..

Hi Ken

Thanks for the link, interesting take by Jim Anderton on the need (or lack of) for any increase. I suspect that this issue has some distance to run as yet, note the Govt will not set a levy till the first quarter of next year.

I have since we last emailed met with Nick Smith and advised him the AA believes ...
  2. Sad times

Today we mourn the passing of a well known, but often misunderstood, old friend. His name... COMMON SENSE !!!! He has been with us for many years. Nobody knows for sure, as his personal records were lost long ago, in bureaucratic red tape.
    He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as getting off your bike AFTER you stop. NOT BEFORE. And speed doesn't kill... stupid mistakes DO !!!
    Common sense lived by simple, but sound, financial policies (dont spend ...
    Categories
    Survival Skills
  3. Anti-bike propaganda

Yes, the VFR does 170kmh! And up a slight incline too.

The photo here is of the back of a taxi. Almost every second taxi here has one of these stickers on the back, and they really piss me off. Roughly, it says:

(Caution) Motorcycles!
    Two-wheeler accidents! Frequent/numerous

And that's it - no particular mention as to the purpose of the sticker or any basis to the claim it presents. It seems that ...
  4. By-Q courier

Check out this guys mirror helmet. Bike couriers are pretty common here, not quite as common on scooters like this though, I think non-scooter bike couriers are probably slightly more numerous. By the way my wife told my why I hardly ever see bike couriers riding cubs, when cubs are so common for other types of delivery - bike couriers ride their own bike. So that explains it, a cub is ok if your employer is providing it, but not to have as your own ...
  5. Qkkid does his first Pillion

Its been a while in the making......

Every single time we have had to or decided to 2-up, I have always been the rider in control. However a milestone happened on Friday night, where I grit my teeth and let Qkkid take the reigns.

To be honest I really enjoyed being a pillion! He did a great job, only a couple of small jabs in the ribs to remind him I'm on the back. To tell the truth it was the first time for me on the back seat of a sports bike looking ...
    Categories
    Survival Skills
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345