View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Riding for work

Yes... imagine that. A long ride is required for work purposes. Ride there, do the work, come back. Awful. I struggled with this dilemma for an entire... mmm half second or so.

The only issue was that it was Wellington where the work needed doing. Haste was required, so I couldn't exactly say the East Cape was on the way to Wellington. A, the boss is a biker himself. B, he's well aware of all the riding I do, and the distances I clock up. So there was no way in hell he'd ...
    Categories
    Riding!
  2. White Ribbon Ride 2010

I rode the whole White Ribbon Ride in November 2010. From Tauranga to Bream Bay. Add to that travel from Napier to get to Tauranga and back home from Bream Bay and you have 3,225 Km's.

You find it all at: http://petewhiteribbon2010.blogspot....e-by-pete.html with pictures, links and a daily recollection. (Sorry, as I have it all there I can not see the reson to add it all here)

I will be back for the 2011 White Ribbon Ride. Hope to see ...
  3. 2010 Muscular Dystrophy Ride

This weekend I once again enjoyed one of my favorite annual rides, the Musclar Dystrophy (MDA) Run. The ride entails taking presents to children suffering with MD, from Wellington to Napier on Friday, across to Waitara on Saturday and back to Wellington on Sunday and there are several factors that contribute towards creating an epic adventure each year…
    1. Firstly, we have Santa…or at least the world’s best facsimile…Red Fred! He eats, sleeps, Ho Ho’s and Hugs out his part, doling out ...
  4. AMCC round 3

AMCC Round 3

I am so sore. It's been a while since I had so much fun on a motorbike so I'm not surprised I'm all aches and pains today.

This time we thought it'd be best to get to the track nice and early as things took quite a while to work through at round 1 so I picked up Michael just after 6:00am and we headed for Hampton Downs.

When we arrived we had a quick scout around to figure out where we could pit. Last time we were pitted between ...
  5. Wrapping up the saga: Apparently, I'm now "Really very well".

At least, that's what the farmer/part-time cardiac surgeon said. He has now "discharged me from his care". I have had all the followup tests (plus a few extra), and so that is basically it. My heart is now as normal as it's going to be (permanent arrhythmia and a plastic ring around the valve notwithstanding). Shame my shoulder/arm is still a bit fookt, and I now have dizzy spells my GP and cardiologist (and apparently the renowned dairy farmer/ hobby surgeon) are stumped by.
    I guess you can't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. North Harbour Yamaha Grand Opening

Quote Originally Posted by North Harbour Yamaha View Post
    NORTH HARBOUR YAMAHA are having their GRAND OPENING on December 4th at their new premises located at 133 Wairau Road, Glenfield, North Shore (OFF CURRYS LANE) 9am till 3pm.

BIG savings on Riding Gear and Accessories.

Awesome deals on Motorcycles with FREE Carbon Fibre Pipes and CASHBACKS on selected models.

Spot prizes and Giveaways.

BBQ and refeshments.

SEE YOU THERE.
    I'm confused, did you guys open ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Help ! ! !

Hello again, it's your friendly naive Englander here again asking all of you who read this for your assistance and forsight with stuff i know nothing about, well, not as much as i would like to know anyway.
    Me and the Wife were out doing stuff today in preparation for the arrival of my Aprilia RSV1000 Mille which we are hoping to pick up from the customs people in mid December and decided to pop into the AA to get an insurance quote, (oooops!).
    Thinking that as ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Help ! ! !

Hello again, it's your friendly naive Englander here again asking all of you who read this for your assistance and forsight with stuff i know nothing about, well, not as much as i would like to know anyway.
    Me and the Wife were out doing stuff today in preparation for the arrival of my Aprilia RSV1000 Mille which we are hoping to pick up from the customs people in mid December and decided to pop into the AA to get an insurance quote, (oooops!).
    Thinking that as ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized