View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Give Us What We Want, What We Have Paid For, What We Are Entitled To.

by , 30th September 2010 at 14:14 (Motorcycling and An Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD))
    There is a long road ahead and of course Wednesday 29 September 2010 the announcement of the LAMs motorcycle licence conditions being introduced is but one step along the road to improvement in overall motorcycling for future motorcyclists.

My thoughts on the new licence conditions can indeed be supported nationally by motorcyclists coming together and co-ordinating in a responsible manner group rides that foster new rider awareness. The initiative shown this week by BRONZ Wellington ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. Just an updated picture portfolio of my Honda Family!

Well it's been a while since I've managed to get some photos of half my collection (this happens to be the Honda collection!)

Will have to re do the shots and do it a bit better to do them some justice!

For those who don't know ...

CB250 aka lil'ol'hornet is Pete
    CB900 aka Big Ol'Hornet is Max
    CB1000R aka Predator is Cindi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frontal1.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	220038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frontal2.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	304.6 KB 
ID:	220043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side1.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	220039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side2.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	295.5 KB 
ID:	220040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	262.4 KB 
ID:	220041  
  3. Cindi carries on up to the Cape! Ooer!

Well as part of my plan to do my usual business of riding whenever, where-ever and however - I took Cindi my CB1000R Predator up to Cape Reinga today. The last time Cindi and I were closest to the Cape was when we accompanied Gremlin to Dargaville. This first mission was a failure due to the usual tardiness of Gremlin.

Today, we remedied that! I was up at 6am .... brekkie and prep saw me bolt out the door at 7.15am and we were away riding! Did the back roads to SH16 and the boring ...

Name:	fush n chups.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	245.1 KB 
ID:	220019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike fush n chup.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	265.9 KB 
ID:	220016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dancing fruit.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	235.0 KB 
ID:	220015   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tane mahuta.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	352.1 KB 
ID:	220017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Omapere.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	267.9 KB 
ID:	220018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaikohe.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	220014  
  4. Training Ride 5: Cape Reinga Take 2

Saturday night, I had spoken to Toto about riding on Sunday, but he was working. He did want a txt to see where I was going, as he wanted a short ride somewhere, so perhaps he could meet up. I got to bed late on Saturday, ok, 4am Sunday, with Daylight Savings taken into account, so I wasn’t up before midday Sunday anyway.

Once I had read up on the Zumo 660 vs 550 (currently have the 550, and I won’t upgrade to the 660) and planned a route – maximising the fuel range, as the 2nd fuel ...
  5. Turning mates into pit bitches

Saturday morning, I’m up and about… hang on, no, got to bed in the early hours, so rose around midday Kicked my arse into gear, and got to Botany Honda before they closed. Annoyed the guys as usual, and showed them the LED strips, as they had been interested in how they would look. Of course, I get the piss taken out of me, but I bet they all secretly desire some themselves.

GiJoe is nowhere to be seen, despite a txt, so he must be otherwise occupied. I head off to Motomail to ...
  6. More lights for Katie

Well, following on from the adventures of the previous weekend (previously blogged) an old idea was resurrected. My boss has a blackbird has had spotlights fitted for a couple of years, specifically for night riding in the country.

They sit between his fairing and mirrors on custom brackets, angled up and out. They rectify a common problem motorcyclists have. As you lean into a corner, your headlight points at the ground right in front of the bike. Lean more, the problem gets worse. ...
  7. It's alive

I've had a few offers of brake calipers since my last post. If you think you can help it's a ZXR250A right hand front caliper complete with the mount (which holds the pads). Below are pics of a left hand caliper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image0047.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	343.3 KB 
ID:	219607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image0046.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	356.3 KB 
ID:	219608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image0045.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	246.1 KB 
ID:	219609

Anyway - got the thing running last night.
    I took the mains out and hooked everything up. After much kicking without result I went over everything with #1 TDC (remember this) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Lekky tinkering on the katoom of doom

Well last night helped Gremlin install some lekky stuff on his Katie. I don't know why I should ... I expect nothing but grief and weirdness.

Anyhow, I txt him and immediately he rings me up. Good grief! He must be keen as!

So he says he will be around shortly. Yep. Heard that before, so I pull out my portable seat, grab some comics and a drink and settle down for him to arrive.

Eventually I hear his pipes roaring up the street and he blinds me with his ...

Name:	lekky1.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	471.0 KB 
ID:	219439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lekky2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	539.0 KB 
ID:	219441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lekky3.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	629.2 KB 
ID:	219447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lekky5.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	434.1 KB 
ID:	219448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lekky6.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	219449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lekky7.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	219450