View RSS Feed

rosie631

1. A friends help and expertise - priceless.

Costs of the job.
    Drive belt 375 plus 15 p&p
    Seals - 20
    Wheel bearings x2 - 30 each
    Clutch bearing - 50
    Primary cover gasket - 62
    Primary chain - 132
    Starter repair - 70
    Awayatcs help - priceless.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. She's like a new bike - awesome

Well, nothing was straightforward on this job. As fast as one problem was solved another reared it's head. Starter, rear wheel and drive belt sorted. Just put her back together now, no worries. Awayatc discovered bearing in clutch was buggered. Into town for that. Then replacing the seals discovered that one had been put in the wrong way originally and one of the rings had been left out completely. Whoever worked on this bike before I bought it did not know what they were doing. Also primary cover ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Woohoo - the drive belt is on...

After a full days work at awayatcs the drive belt is on. Long day but went pretty well really. Will try and describe but I don't have manual in front of me and I'm not very technical so bear with me. First off primary cover came off - all good. Then had to undo the big nut at the front. Awayatc had made the tool to stop the sprockets moving following the harley specs. Nut was on so tight that it bent the tool. He improvised with some bits out of the socket set and with an almighty effort got it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The big drive belt replacement.

We are tackling this job tomorrow. Will be a marathon session until it's finished. All going well I will be off to the Brass Monkey with my new belt tomorrow. Will post gory details tomorrow and will hopefully be celebrating
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The pipes.

Don't know if this is gonna work. I'm not the best at the computer shit. Anyway, hopefully, here is a pic of the new pipes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drag1.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	188447  
  6. Well that was easy...

Did the oil and filter change today. Couldn't have been more straightforward. Went for a wee spin but staying pretty close to home til I get the drive belt sorted
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. I did it. Pipes on and up and running.

OMG, what a mission that was. But I DID IT! Rang up shop to get new mounting clamps (is that what they're called??) They had to order them in and I was too impatient to wait. Have managed to clean up the old ones and they look ok. Got the replacement nut I needed and put everything together this morning. The new pipes look and sound awesome IMHO. Took her out for a run and there doesn't seem to be any loss in performance either, so it's all good.
    Was going to tackle the oil and filter ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. And it gos on...

OMG, what a freaking nightmare. Picked up the pipes from shop. They had undone nuts, then put them back on, presumably so they wouldn't get lost. Has just taken me an hour to get the friggin things off again. And I didn't need them anyway because the pipes came with new ones. Got that done, then took the mounting rings off the old pipes and WTF I can't get them on the new ones. Anyway, they are all marked up and tatty looking, so think I will just get new ones tomorrow and get them ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast