View RSS Feed

Hogs and other cruisers

American, British, European and yes, even Japanese cruiser bikes

1. Dec.12th Poker Run

This poker run is being held by alocal West Auckland Tavern raising money for prostate cancer. We are not directly attached to any M.C. all bikes and all bikers welcome.We have a fantastic blues band from Palmy nth playing and entry fee includes a barbeque after prize giving. Hope to see as many as we can on the day.Lets help make someones xmas just a little bit better.
    Check out the calander for details.
    Call Bryan 021919351 for any info
  2. Touring in Victoria - Australia

In mid November we attended a family wedding in Melbourne and decided to do a four day tour of Victoria with my sister Annie and her husband Trev on their cruisers. We hired a Harley through Eagle Rider. It was meant to be an Ultra Classic (repleat with comfy seats, passenger footboards - especially for Helen (the wife) and (for a change) a stereo) but the dickhead who hired before us failed to return it and we ended up having to "settle" with a Heritage Softail. Not a bad substitute ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-11-08 14.52.43.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	223885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-11-08 14.32.05.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	223886   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000771.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	223889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-11-08 15.55.24.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	223951   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-11-10 09.44.05.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	223952   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-11-09 10.45.17.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	223953  
  3. Waikato Loop

Sunday morning broke fine and clear… the best day for riding (Just my opinion) on the long labour weekend break….

This was the 1st decent ride since the trip up north to the Twin Bridges and out to the Whangarei heads for lunch back on Fathers Day in September.... or the last quick blast around the Coromandel Loop....

Amongst all the other spring cleaning chores carried out on Saturday I had managed to clean the bike…. and check the fluids etc… so we were good to ...
  4. Mid Winters Ride North To Cape Reinga PT4

t was a little more difficult for me on the Harley, as every time I tried a little lane splitting, I could feel the tension rising in my pillion…. I have tried pushing her through this sort of thing before on the M109R I use to have…. only to have her avoiding the rides altogether till I got this new Softail.

On the northern side of the Brynderwyns we had a whole bunch of sportys (non Cruiser Styled Motorcycles) come up behind us, so I pulled over and let them go… their high revving ...
  5. Mid Winters Ride North To Cape Reinga PT3

Rising early on Sunday Morning it was on with the TV to watch Germany Play off with Uruguay for 3rd and 4th in the Soccer World Cup…. which has been a pleasant warm up for the real deal next years Rugby World Cup…

After a coffee or 2 I was loading the K-Drive removable bags and ensuring all the helmet coms and cellphones were all charged, we would be riding all the way back down country to Hamilton today.

All coffeed up and loosing interest in the soccer game I took ...

Updated 26th July 2010 at 21:52 by PegLeg (spelling)

Categories
    Touring NZ , General Bike Ravings , Hogs and other cruisers , Touring & The Bikes You Use
  6. Mid Winters Ride North To Cape Reinga PT2

In no time at all we are out of the Valley and up on the ridges, gone are the forest clad roads and shady glades of the Waipua Forest, basking in sunshine, we are rewarded with an initial view of the Tasman sea, I know from previous trips to slow down, there is a rest stop coming up on our left…. pulling in for pictures, I am awestruck at the panoramic beauty that is laid out before me…

7. Mid Winters Ride North To Cape Reinga PT1

The Morning broke fine and clear, a blue glow illuminating faintly through the night sky. Its Saturday morning and the proceeding 3 fine winter days have resulted in a very cold crisp morning…

I'm feeling a little jaded I always sleep a little restlessly before a big riding weekend.

The bike was pretty much packed the night before so its just a matter of getting ready and a cup of coffee or 2 and we are all set to go.

Marggy and I have around 160kms ...

Updated 16th July 2010 at 20:04 by PegLeg (pics)

Categories
    Touring NZ , General Bike Ravings , Hogs and other cruisers , Bike Gear
  8. Cape Reinga Cruise - 12 June 2010

It had been quite a stressful week. I had been checking the Metservice weather reports regularly, hoping for some good news in the 7 and 3 day forecasts – hoping that somehow, the weather reports were wrong. By Friday, I had resigned myself to a wet weekend hoping that we would get a few breaks in the weather when we really needed it.

As we woke on Saturday morning the day promised a lot and we hoped for the best. We met at the Caltex at Fanshawe Street and huddled under the canopy ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000662.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	210555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000659.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	210560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000652.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	210568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000647.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	210569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000635.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	210570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000663.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	210571  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast