View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. JUDGEMENT DAY 48 dealers, 48 bikes ... but there can be only one

JUDGEMENT DAY
    48 dealers, 48 bikes ... but there can be only one

SYDNEY (11th October, 2010) – To help celebrate the launch of the new Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight motorcycle, Harley-Davidson Australia is running an exciting promotional campaign that will engage dealers and enthusiasts alike !

Pitting 48 Harley-Davidson dealers across Australia and New Zealand – including your very own Harley-Davidson Dealer – against one another, each participating dealer will ...
  2. 2011 Woodstock Rally

Does anyone know if the Woodstock Rally in Hokitika is on in January next year.The West Coast Touring Club website has no mention of it at all.Would be good if they could at least put up a note saying it is cancelled if that is the case.
  3. CDI issues...

I have had the engine running on an RGV250K CDI module but it had a miss which I suspect is the timing advance built into the CDI.
    As the RD400 didn't have an advance curve I decided to try the simplest CDI I could find - Jaycars kit KC5466. No problem assembling the CDI and checking it's all OK but it requires an input of 350VAC...
    I measured the output of the stator on one wire and got between 8VAC and 12VAC. A friend of mine tried a trick of putting one wire to earth and got 20VAC ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. New Rubber for Cindi ... ooer!

Well, after 6100km of happy riding, Cindi has decided that she needs a new set of shoes and daddy needs to do the shopping for her! The BT015 Battleax she originally had was a good tyre, but obviously being of a soft disposition, it was put to the test and found slightly wanting in terms of life. So ... time to try something else new!

So off to Drury Performance Tyres to see Mike about solving this little dilemma. The good man has a set of Pirelli Angels ST on the shelves ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	221328  
  5. ploughing the road!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	man,bike,chick.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	221134I want one! (the bike, that is)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. how many k's in the tank?

Does anyone have a good idea of how many k's I should be getting out of a tank of 95octane?

I am just running a DR-Z 250 on the road - tank size 10.5litre.

I've been filling up at around 200km just to be safe but was wondering how much more I should have left in it.
  7. Bike Mechanic in Whangarei?

Can anyone tell me of a genuine mechanic etc, I need to get a bike checked over I'm looking at purchasing.

It's in Whangarei.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Training Ride 7: Two into one

Around Tuesday I collected my new textile trousers from Quasievil and with the microphone sorted, I was only waiting for my helmet to be finished with the wiring. Mileage on the bike meant it needed almost 2000km put on during the weekend, service was organised for Monday (well, drop off, and they service as soon as they have time). The initial plan therefore called for 2x 1000km over the weekend, service, tyres and everything will be ready for the Grand Challenge (next weekend).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10102010157.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	395.0 KB 
ID:	220984