Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by A_J_T
    This is frekin awesome. Could it not fit in the boot?

I see your selling it on TM now. just over it or upgrading?
    I've gotta do some work on the DRZ and its a bit more than I can justify without selling the little thing to cover it (read: wife not keen on spending more money on bikes after just buying this one...)
    This is frekin awesome. Could it not fit in the boot?

I see your selling it on TM now. just over it or upgrading?
    Blimey, 80 and still doing 1600km

Nice write up... That fuel station used to be Mobil, I think on my 08 GC? Ah well, that can be updated...
    Huge achievement

Still hope for the next 25 years for me then
    Awesome write up John legend indeed
    I buzzed out and around Raglan via SH22 today for some fush n'chups from the local bakery/takeaway place. I thought of the off-roady stuff you did and it reminded way back when I did some of it!

Was good to get the preddy out for a spin ... been over two years since I rode out that way!
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ
    Well if your in Nelson and have nothing to do you could check out this place >> http://www.kaiteriterimtbpark.org.nz/ it seems popular judging by the number of bikes I see trundling through town strapped to racks. There's plenty of riding over Hira way too.
    Yeup, that's one possibility. On the Wednesday I leave, I either head to Kaiteriteri then Picton, or, on the way to Picton drop by Anakiwa and do a piece of the Sounds trail. This one holds more appeal as I'd also be putting the trail on the map, as the open maps don't have any of it yet...

Tuesday is motorbike adv riding roads around Mot Valley, Cobb and Takaka...
    Well if your in Nelson and have nothing to do you could check out this place >> http://www.kaiteriterimtbpark.org.nz/ it seems popular judging by the number of bikes I see trundling through town strapped to racks. There's plenty of riding over Hira way too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JATZ
    You certainly covered a bit of ground in your 6-7 hrs wandering There's some top riding south of Kawhia too, as your probably aware
    Something south of Kawhia? It's one of the dangers of it being relatively local (<2 hrs riding time). You figure, hey, I've got time to get it sometime and then spend most of your time dreaming of the South Island.

Speaking of which, I'll explore that for 10 days in a week... Just booked ferry and accommodation today. 4 nights in Chch (partly work), 3 nights in Westport, 2 in Nelson and then one final one in Picton before jumping the ferry again...

I'll be doing this one a little differently, driving the van down with BMW and mountain bike on board, then doing a bit of each along the way. I might even try leaving the kitchen sink at home...
    You certainly covered a bit of ground in your 6-7 hrs wandering There's some top riding south of Kawhia too, as your probably aware
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy
    Next time your heading out/around that way, PM me or Dino, or MXnut.
    Theres a few areas off the gravel that are worth checking out.

ie, where that old house is, you can head across the paddocks, through a couple of low creek crossings and back out onto the road.
    Haha, nice. I'll keep it in mind, but no idea when I'll next be there. I assume you're tank friendly then

I do want to get a bit further south, Makomako Rd for example is a dead end, but open maps have it as sealed when I'm pretty certain it isn't. However, if the category is off, is the alignment out as well. By leaving it as sealed it's a reminder to check it, and then I correct everything at once.
    Next time your heading out/around that way, PM me or Dino, or MXnut.
    Theres a few areas off the gravel that are worth checking out.

ie, where that old house is, you can head across the paddocks, through a couple of low creek crossings and back out onto the road.
    Sounds like you and technology get along so well
    We are spoilt for choices here, glad you enjoyed your time in the MIGHTLY WAIKATO John
    Great write up! Awesome effort and congratulations for finishing such a tough event!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz
    Brilliant write up. Good effort all round guys.
    Thanks. It was bloody hard but great fun. I highly recommend giving it a go haha
    Brilliant write up. Good effort all round guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ
    I didn't realise what a grumpy, bossy prick you are!!
    I didn't film the last piece of safety patrol, where I'm all Mr Nice, how are you doing, don't worry, home stretch...

The lead motorbike I overtake middle-ish of the first vid (new to the role) started off all really nice, commented that niceties get you everywhere etc... yeah, us other two laughed (done it for a few years). Sure enough, didn't take long (near beginning of first vid) to start shouting at people...
    I didn't realise what a grumpy, bossy prick you are!!
Page 4 of 138 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast