View RSS Feed

Hanne

1. Tasmanian Motorcycling Museum

Tasmania is a pretty neat place to come for a motorcycling tour. There are windy roads, not many people, a whole range of landscapes (mountains, coastlines, highways) - apart from the fact that possums are protected, it's quite a bit like NZ. Just like NZ, there are out-of-the-way gems that you just can't go past once you know they're there. The motorcycle museum at Bicheno is one of these. Not only a museum, it is also a bike repair shop, and a great place to stop off for a yarn.

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1260.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	768.3 KB 
ID:	312979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1272.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	763.0 KB 
ID:	312980  
  2. Scooter Safari KR

What do Batman, the Red Baron and Where’s Wally have in common? 50cc scooters and the absurd urge to ride said machines coast to coast over Arthur’s pass....

Read the full story on the Kiwi Rider zine at

http://www.kiwiriderzine.com/2012/06...er-safari.html

-Hanne
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Scooter Safari Countdown

TEN SLEEPS!

TIme to make sure my bike's back in one piece after Squiggles' tinkering over the past few weeks. Named 'Alice' after the rock song, she got famous the other day:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald...Ride-on-Hanne/

1979 c50, foot clutch, pretty much 49cc of pure awesomeness. 250km over Arthur's Pass in late May should be a breeeeeeze!

If you're in the wrong island or can't make it to the event in person, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4886.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	778.5 KB 
ID:	263763   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4812.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	847.9 KB 
ID:	263764  
  4. Christchurch to Nelson

Any chance anyone is heading from Christchurch to Nelson this weekend I could catch a lift with to pick up my new bike? If so please PM me!

Thanks, Hanne
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Oddest Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
    There are a few weird and wonderful things out there in the world of bling. Heated hand grips and Öhlins shocks have practical applications, coloured air valve tyre caps and foot pegs add visual character. But then there are offers like these ‘odd mods’, which you probably never thought you needed until finding out they actually exist…

Have you tried fruity fumes? Can you vouch for your Swarovski handle bar ends being a cut above the rest? What else have you been offered by
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. AN125 Adventures

Here's the AN125 in gory detail: The tardis seat, the MENSA puzzle and the feeling of air between your knees....

I recently swapped a bike for a scooter and had some interesting experiences.... Who else has gone between automatic/ manual and tank to thin air?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Auckland Blood Run 18 October

That's right little riders, the time is once again upon us to relinquish that red gold for an awesome cause. The need for blood is constant. In New Zealand, 150,000 whole blood units will need to be donated in the next 12 months to meet clinical needs.

This Blood Run coincides with the 60th BRONZ Blood run, so badges will be for sale ($10). The SMC rubber chicken is also scheduled to make an appearance... who will be awarded the poultry prize this time round???

When:
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Babes and Bikes

Babes and Bikes...

well, sort of of.

This blog explores what the childfree lifestyle and small bike riders have in common.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast