Blog Comments

A good read John & many thanks to you and the team for putting on a great event. really looking forward to next year and beyond.
    Hey,

I have purchased an insurance write-off and was wondering if you have someone certified to complete the pre compliance test? The one where they check for frame damage etc.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck
    Can you do me one online?
    Sure no prob just flick us your credit card details. Jokes; you will need to ride down to 257 Great sth road Drury.
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog
    WTF? KB wofs?
    At Dpc in Drury
    Can you do me one online?
    WTF? KB wofs?
    Many thanks to you Koro, and the whole crew for a terrific event. Gavin and I had a blast. Had a trouble free ride back to CHCH apart from a wrong turn at Sanson, ending up in Palmy. 10 min wait at the ferry before being ushered aboard. Home by 9pm.
    Thanks again. See you in February.
    Mark
    excellent read I'm glad it all went well.

I'm still very pissed I had to miss it because of major electrical problems, but I will be at the next one with bells on!

well done John.
    Yup I second that!

It was an excellent weekend, I was most pleased that everyone made it back (eventually). Beemer boy only missed one checkpoint (Waihi) in the end and did provide a shot of some obscure bridge in the middle of the nowhere so I think he deserved his badge.

Started thinking about next year already...

James
    a great read John
    My times were always estimates, clearly Ann took it literally! Yes, when Mike was filling in the checkpoint sheet at Rimutaka I was noting the time I observed the Y appear (which obviously wasn't completely accurate). This gave me rough estimates of how everyone was going, who was missing from an expected group and so on. Combined with James' pictures I could tell that certain sections of the route seemed fast, but then conversely, others were slow which the estimates didn't take into account (simple distance-time math).

So you can take the thumb print off your forehead now
    Roll on next year.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    ...I think Pinlocks work well, I've certainly had good performance from several in different helmets, but if they're not set right, they're worse than nothing on the visor (as the fog is trapped between visor and Pinlock)....
    On this occassion, it didn't seem to be the pinlock, it seemed to be my specs, because if I tilted my head forward to look over the specs, there was no fog....but I couldn't see anything further than the visor either!! It seems to be a combo of screen reducing flow around the helmet and fathead inhibiting flow through the helmet vents. But...it was more than just that and it got worserer and worserer??...like when water started getting inside the visor because it had to be open a fraction.
    Your Event Controller remains unimpressed I shall watch your progress most closely

I think Pinlocks work well, I've certainly had good performance from several in different helmets, but if they're not set right, they're worse than nothing on the visor (as the fog is trapped between visor and Pinlock).

I don't recommend a tinted visor and a rainy night... very poor visibility

Oh, and I did 100 odd km today for a charity ride. Might struggle to get to Turangi for the ride without a stop, but then, I ain't riding the 1600km!
    I always use and Abus lock and 'wire loop' (the very difficult to cut type) round the rear wheel and frame.
    But the bike has a (matched key only) immobiliser built into the ECU... So it cant be started without the key, period.
    On your property. Ground anchor and chain , or secure garage.
    Out and about chain or disc lock.

Both these just make it harder for the opportunists so that they won't bother.

You can also use datatag, alphadot, smartwater etc...so that if it is stolen the bike and it's major components can be traced. Makes it more expensive for professional thieves to steal and sell on the bike in bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck
    I knitted a whole jumper this season.
    Bullshit!! My wife is the champion of knitting at the track. Coffee and a chair and she'll knit anywhere.

Been great having you there Ducky. I'll get my sorry arse sorted and get back on track soon as I can.
    Hopefully they will rebuild you and you will be back out there soon.

Cheers for getting me back around the track - I knitted a whole jumper this season. It has been a blast and long may it continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers
    Did yours get operated on? I find out who and when mine gets done tomorrow

Nah, it was a 50/50 call and they decided on a 'wait and see approach.'

It works fine now, although the shoulder is slightly lower and I have a lump sticking out.
    Tyres are so subjective. If you find something you like, and works for you, stick with it
Page 10 of 138 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast