View RSS Feed

Personal entry

Boring stuff about your boring life.

1. Some Days You Should Stay in Bed

I'm a bit of a waffler and thought this Blog thing might be right up my alley because I've never kept a diary but do find it interesting to look back sometimes.... Anyway this happened yesterday (17 May 07) but I just got round to doing 'the blog thing'.

!!?%#@!! Broke my right mirror and scuffed the right mirror cover and right pannier this morning! !!?%#@!!

I was riding down my driveway (steepish) and about to turn right down the road when a prick in a ute ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. Why are we here??

Let's face it - it IS the big question.

The simple biological answer (not to be contemplated by anyone "visual") is that Mum and Dad got it on about 9 months before your first breath and the rest is a function of nutrition and safety. I'm inclined to accept that is a matter of history although all the more remarkable in my case as Mum and Dad currently find it hard to knowingly be in the same town, let alone the same bed swapping genetic material.

I'd like to ask the ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. The Blog

*scratches head* - thinking of a topic to write about.

Ok so bikes will be a good way to start this off ...how I got into bikes.

Prior to the dream of owning a bike the ride on mower was the way to go. After I realised what the turtle and rabbit symbols ment on the mower it was time to try it out. Grew up on a farm so riding this 4 wheel beast at max speed was still a real snail pace. And managed to crash it into the grapevine.

My brother and I made ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. I'm a spoiled brat and I know it

Well - today's a typical day really. Nothing serious going on (in my mind) but theres enough going on to sink the average frigate (or at least help the NZ Navy ones break down)

Lets see - there's the upcoming trip for work. Auckland, Prague, Virginia, Boston, Austin (Texas), Houston, Austin again... and home again... and to be honest the bit I'm looking forward is the home again. Round the world yippee... NOT

A few company sponsored nights out on the piss won't hurt ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. Tin Cans

So I got my ARROWS done - Defiantly louder than before, still getting my head around the sound. Dunno if its just me but I feel it does sound a bit 'tinny' - the fact that the guts is missing may have something to do with that......... However it has a significant 'Roar' over 7,000. Very nice, me likey.

One thing I have really noticed is a slight increase of lower RPM torque. It revs more freely and the front wheel is feeling a bit lighter than ever before on traffic-light ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. Learner license is 4 months old

Happy birthday to my learner license. It is 4 months old. Can't wait for it to reach 6 months old so I can GET RID OF IT!

The L plate is all cracked and it vibrates and makes a terrible noise. Sounds like the bike's falling apart at certain revs.
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. I love this time of year

It's finally getting cool enough to wear my protective gear without melting. I wish it could stay March all year round.
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. On my OE

Well, blogging eh? Have to say I'm totally new to it, have never done it before or even read many, but I'm so bored I don't know what to do right at the moment. So here goes a random post.

At the moment I'm three months through a four month working holiday in the UK, based in Leeds. Totally the wrong time of the year to come - most of the tourist attractions are closed during the off season, so there's been a number of things we haven't been able to do, but the assignment term ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast