View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. It was all on till the fifth lap and then non piston slap piston slap was heard

Don't they say something along the lines of preparation is key, or something to that effect.

One must also include in this, "check any engine mods you have done religiously when trying out something new!"

Half way through the first race of the day my engine got very very noisy to where it sounded like one of the cam chain guides had shat itself. What is was the piston grinding against the edge of the cylinder wall as one of the brass buches and aluminum bullets had ...
  2. All packed up

I'm locked, I'm loaded and i wish I had had a decent nights sleep. Heading off to Wanganui to play pit bitch for the day then off to Taupo for my break from it all. Yea-ha. Test rode the bucket last night and seems all good. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. in theory each race should last 10-12 minutes so there should be too much trouble. The new clip handlebars made a huge difference in handling, hopefully no more painful wrists. See you on the other side
  3. Getting there like a turtle

The clip on handlebars arrived finally. I still need to drill the holes for the controls. I have been surprised that the clip ons aren't going to hit the fairing, much to might delight. I got them from faddybike. While being at the more expensive end of the Thai parts suppliers, the quality so far has been very high.

Oh well back to garage...
  4. Ponderin ones navel

I'm still having issues with over heating. I have also installed a PC Autotune so I can see what the AFR is doing and found the bike was running down to 10.3-1, which was way to rich for the bike. By leaning this off should help with over heating issues. I'm also going to replace the coolant with a better mix and try running a synthetic oil.