View RSS Feed

Marius Elvenwood

1. 4. Motorbikes and fuel. What is there to complain about?

I know people have said that motorbikes are fuel efficient. In fact they always say that. And i've never owned a car or a larger vehicle to compare it with. But i'm pretty sure that getting <300km on $14 certainly does fit the description.
    It's been 3 weeks now, 3 weeks of riding. I've got 314 km under the belt, a petty amount I know, but it's a start.
    My bike has given me the opportunity to work more hours, earning more cash. It outshines the Dunedin bus system by a mile, which ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 3. What does a true Kiwibiker need? A bike, of course.

I've been away from the internet for almost a week. The only opportunities I get are at the library or when I burn the credit on my phone to check my emails. But what a week it's been.
    I bought my first road bike, hooray! Brand new suzuki GN125H, Good for learners, good for concerned relatives afraid I might splatter my brains out as soon as it leaves the driveway. Comfortable seat (I wish I could say the same about the new motorbike pants I bought recently) and easy to control.
    So ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 2. So close, yet so much to learn.

For a part-time worker i'm lucky to have raised as much money as I have over the last fortnight. I have been working tirelessly to save the minimum $1245 that I need for my first road-worthy bike. Luckily I am still young enough to mooch from my parents a little more; they have agreed to pay the second half once i've saved the first half, as well as giving me $400 to buy myself an extremely effective motorbike helmet. As they said to me in a previous email 'we just want to protect your precious ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 1. Biker Blog! How original.

SO. First entry. The day I signed up to Kiwibiker and the day after I got my class 6 learner licence.
    On friday (7th sep, 2012) I got my Basic Handling Skills certificate (BHS) from Warren Joyce who is a very good teacher, I would highly recommend him to anyone else. Seeing as he is the only BHS instructor in Dunedin I figured I better get my cert from him. The price was a bit steep though; I paid for a brief instructor lesson (seeing as though my skills on a bike were limited to off-road ...